CHILDREN 27-TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DEVELOP AUTISM WITH EXPOSURE TO MERCURY- CONTAINING VACCINES

Ilena

Guest
http://www.mercola.com/2004/feb/25/vaccine_discovery.htm

CDC Vaccine Data Leads Scientists to Shocking Discovery

The Institute of Medicine held a meeting to review research that has been found, which links
thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative in vaccines, and neurodevelopmental disorders such as
autism. The panel used data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Vaccine
Datalink, which concluded that children who are given three thimerosal-containing vaccines are 27
times more likely to develop autism than children who receive thimerosol-free vaccines.

Thimerosal has been gradually removed from vaccines since 1999, however it is still present in some
vaccinations, including virtually all flu shots.

During the review, medical experts discussed the results from a study that showed urinary mercury
concentrations were six times higher in children with autism, as opposed to normal-age/vaccine
matched controls. They also said that they found evidence that suggested the link between thimerosal-
containing vaccines and autism had a higher risk than that between lung cancer and smoking
cigarettes.

Yahoo! News February 9, 2004

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040209/nem019_1.html

CDC Vaccine Data Leads Scientists to Shocking Discovery Monday February 9, 9:20 am ET CHILDREN 27-
TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DEVELOP AUTISM WITH EXPOSURE TO MERCURY- CONTAINING VACCINES, FINDINGS REVIEWED
AT TODAY'S IOM MEETING IN DC

WASHINGTON, Feb. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the Institute of Medicine will hold a one-day meeting to
review important new research on the link between thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative in
vaccines, and neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism. One of the larger studies under review
comes from the CDC's own Vaccine Safety Datalink. Under independent investigation, CDC's data
concludes children are 27-times more likely to develop autism after exposure to three thimerosal-
containing vaccines (TCVs), than those who receive thimerosal-free versions. The findings are not
only disturbing to government officials like U.S. Rep. Dave Weldon, M.D. (R-FL), who is also
scheduled to speak before the IOM panel, they suggest autism via TCVs has a higher relative risk
than that between lung cancer and smoking, which according to the American Cancer Society is only 22
for men and 11 for women. "This absolutely confirms what parents have been saying for years," says
Jo Pike, President, National Autism Association. Like Pike, thousands of parents have reported sharp
regressions in their children following a TCV and many of those children have gone on to receive a
label of autism. An easy mistake to make since the symptoms of autism and mercury poisoning are
almost identical.

Dr. Mark Geier is the lead investigator in the discovery. A medical doctor with a Ph.D. in genetics,
he, along with fellow researcher, David Geier, will discuss their findings of the CDC data in
front of an IOM panel. Among a host of other physicians and researchers presenting will be Dr.
Jeff Bradstreet. He will discuss the results from his peer-reviewed study which concluded that
urinary mercury concentrations were six times higher in children with autism vs. normal-age/vaccine-
matched controls.

~~~~~~~~
For information on another Medical Cover-up, please visit:

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org

Don't believe everything you read.

Please show us the evidence, not the press reports.

Various groups have investigated the safety of thimerosal in vaccines, and none have found any
compelling evidence to suggest that ethylmercury causes autism.

Jeff

You guys crack me up , " Don't believe everything you read " , indeed . Of course you sycophants to
the drug companies don't believe everything they tell you , right ? , not much - you swallow it hook
line and sinker .

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Don't believe everything you read.
>
> Please show us the evidence, not the press reports.
>
> Various groups have investigated the safety of thimerosal in vaccines, and none have found any
> compelling evidence to suggest that ethylmercury
causes
> autism.
>
> Jeff

---

Release Date: 18/02/2004

"Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You guys crack me up , " Don't believe everything you read " , indeed . Of course you sycophants
> to the drug companies don't believe everything
they
> tell you , right ? , not much - you swallow it hook line and sinker .

Just like swallowing apricot pits will cure cancer.

So, what proof do you have that thimerosal (which is no longer in most pediartic vaccines) causes
autism? Try to find proof that has not been generated by a law firm.

"Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You guys crack me up , " Don't believe everything you read " , indeed . Of course you sycophants
> to the drug companies don't believe everything
they
> tell you , right ? , not much - you swallow it hook line and sinker .

Wrong, again, "sweetie." Let me give you an example of how resistant doctors can be to the "hook."

In the late 1990's, scientists discovered that people with congestive heart failure (CHF) had high
levels of a hormone called b-type natriuretic peptide (BNP). From this, they developed a test for
BNP that could be done in hospital laboratories, so for the first time a simple blood test could
detect the presence of CHF and indicate its severity. This is important, because CHF was previously
diagnosed from clinical symptoms, chest x-rays, and echocardiography, all of which can mistake heart
failure for other conditions. The BNP test is now commonly available, and CHF in not so often
underdiagnosed as it was.

Scientists also found that this increased level of BNP is beneficial to patients with CHF because it
increases the secretion of other hormones that increase the elimination of sodium, relax the blood
vessels, and reduce the load on the heart. Studies showed that increasing the levels of BNP
artificially benefited some CHP patients. So in August of 2001, the drug company Scios introduced a
synthetic BNP as a medication (Natrecor©) with the usual advertising hype and hoopla.

What has happened since then, is that while the BNP test is widely accepted and greatly appreciated
by doctors, The medication has fallen flat. It's recommended use is as an adjunct to the already
effective medications in standard practice, and the doctors cannot readily see any additional
benefit to the patient. Besides, the drug is somewhat difficult to prescribe and administer, and is
very expensive. Doctors have hardly swallowed this product "hook, line, and sinker."

Despite what you may believe, doctors are quite independent from the pharmaceutical companies, and
they really do have the welfare of their patients as a first priority.

--Rich

> "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Don't believe everything you read.
> >
> > Please show us the evidence, not the press reports.
> >
> > Various groups have investigated the safety of thimerosal in vaccines,
and
> > none have found any compelling evidence to suggest that ethylmercury
> causes
> > autism.
> >
> > Jeff

"Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> You guys crack me up , " Don't believe everything you read " , indeed . Of course you sycophants
> to the drug companies don't believe everything
they
> tell you , right ? , not much - you swallow it hook line and sinker .

Of course, you have mounds of data to refute jeff's statements? Care to share?

>Subject: Re: CHILDREN 27-TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DEVELOP AUTISM WITH EXPOSURE TO
>MERCURY- CONTAINING VACCINES
>From: "Jeff" [email protected]
>Date: 2/27/2004 4:37 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>Don't believe everything you read.
>
>Please show us the evidence, not the press reports.
>
>Various groups have investigated the safety of thimerosal in vaccines, and none have found any
>compelling evidence to suggest that ethylmercury causes autism.
>
>Jeff

ZZzz

Substantial* *real* *solid* *convincing* *hard* *clear-cut* *reasonable* *significant* *credibile*
*compelling*

http://www.testfoundation.org/thimerosal.htm

http://www.testfoundation.org/notcrackpot.htm

Jan

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Don't believe everything you read.
>
> Please show us the evidence, not the press reports.
>
> Various groups have investigated the safety of thimerosal in vaccines, and none have found any
> compelling evidence to suggest that ethylmercury causes autism.
>
> Jeff

The IOM meeting presentation slides are now available on line.

With the notable exception of Geier and Geier, the presentations confirm that that there is no
evidence of a link between thimerosal exposure and autism. The studies presented run the4 gamut of
design, data source, and hypotheses.

http://www.iom.edu/event.asp?id=17047

The pressrelease statement "Under independent investigation, CDC's data concludes children are 27-
times more likely to develop autism after exposure to three thimerosal-containing vaccines (TCVs),
than those who receive thimerosal-free versions." is not correct.

OK - Roger and JG, try and argue why it is true.

js

"Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:_PadnSPzvJcWJaLdRVn-
[email protected]... [snip]

> Despite what you may believe, doctors are quite independent from the pharmaceutical companies, and
> they really do have the welfare of their patients as a first priority.

Doctors may indeed have, but the pharma companies have already demonstratedd they have not - that's
why they formed the illegal vitamin cartels. Money concerns them more than the health of the people.
Shame really that they control the vast majority of the research.

> --Rich

Anth

I have to agree with you on that one Anth but the doctor's may conciously have the patients welfare
at heart but behind the scenes they do not because of the pharm giant push on them.

Doctors hand out all kinds of **** based solely upon the pharm giants recommendations and have never
checked alternate sources for confirmation of validity.

news:[email protected]...