Chips... grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Hearns

I just had a bag of chips thrown at me out of a moving car. I replied in my politest Glaswegian, and
accelerated after them. Disturbingly they turned and drove back past me.

And I didn't even get a chip to eat :)

"John Hearns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> I just had a bag of chips thrown at me out of a moving car. I replied in my politest Glaswegian,
> and accelerated after them. Disturbingly they turned and drove back past me.
>
> And I didn't even get a chip to eat :)

I think we must all look like David Blaine ... :)

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:04:39 +0000, elyob wrote:

>>
>> And I didn't even get a chip to eat :)
>
> I think we must all look like David Blaine ... :)

Grin. Thanks for brightening things up.

I cycled by Potters Fields the night David Blaine was going up in the box. Literally hunderds of
people were gathered - dunno why. Today I cycled past again, and he is still there. Not actually
suspended over the river - more 50 feet up above a dried out grassy area. He's the butt of taunts
from London street kids. Hee hee.

BTW, isn't it a shame in a city which is supposed to be promoting cycling that we are banned from
cycling past City Hall, the Belfast and Hays Galleria? So I should say above that I DID obey the
rules and wheeled the bike. Also, if anyone is interested, IMHO the bus lane and cycle provisionsl
westbound on Tooley Street are a great improvement.

Hmmm... maybe I'm wrong and London does 'get it' - give us decent on-road routes as well as
'leisure' routes along the river.

On 15-Sep-2003, "John Hearns" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I cycled by Potters Fields the night David Blaine was going up in the box. Literally hunderds of
> people were gathered - dunno why.

Got this from a friend this morning.....

David Blaine has given up his controversial stunt in London after he was told that 44 days doing
nothing in a box is not going to break the record which is currently held by Liverpool's Emile
Heskey and stands at 4 years.

Tom (not a football fan)

replace deadspam with btinternet to reply Tom Anderson Leighton Buzzard England

And I didn't even get a chip to eat :) [/B][/QUOTE]

The hardest part of my journey home everyday is cycling past the chip shop, the smell is torture....

The chip chucker was probably just some ned. Hope you took his regy and reported him.!

Microsoft Jedi wrote:
>
> The hardest part of my journey home everyday is cycling past the chip shop, the smell is
> torture....
>

When I did the London-York double century getting past the aromas of the chippie in Goole was
probably the hardest part of the whole ride but I knew if I stopped at that late point in the ride I
would never get going again

Tony

--
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

London, Torrington Street heading East is great....separate lane for cyclists, with kerbing to stop
cars infringing......shame they stuck roadworks at the start of the next section so we all have to
rejoin the traffic before we can get back into the cycleway

now just need to find a decent route from Park Lane to Torrington Street

ho hum, at least it's a start :)

"John Hearns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:04:39 +0000, elyob wrote:
>
>
> >>
> >> And I didn't even get a chip to eat :)
> >
> > I think we must all look like David Blaine ... :)
>
> Grin. Thanks for brightening things up.
>
> I cycled by Potters Fields the night David Blaine was going up in the box. Literally hunderds of
> people were gathered - dunno why. Today I cycled past again, and he is still there. Not actually
> suspended over the river - more 50 feet up above a dried out grassy area. He's the butt of taunts
> from London street kids. Hee hee.
>
> BTW, isn't it a shame in a city which is supposed to be promoting cycling that we are banned from
> cycling past City Hall, the Belfast and Hays Galleria? So I should say above that I DID obey the
> rules and wheeled the bike. Also, if anyone is interested, IMHO the bus lane and cycle provisionsl
> westbound on Tooley Street are a great improvement.
>
> Hmmm... maybe I'm wrong and London does 'get it' - give us decent on-road routes as well as
> 'leisure' routes along the river.
>

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:08:22 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

> David Blaine has given up his controversial stunt in London after he was told that 44 days doing
> nothing in a box is not going to break the record which is currently held by Liverpool's Emile
> Heskey and stands at 4 years.

Hi Tom

I'm a Liverpool fan but do agree with you about Heskey. I've never really seen the point in him.
Having said that, he does fall over extremely well, but he does it at the wrong times. Conversely,
Michael Owen falls over correctly (inside the box) and gains the correctly given penalties. That
b*****d Francis Jeffers from Arsenal, OTOH, is merely a cheat. ;-)

I've never been sure why the powers that be at LFC got rid of Fowler.

Personally, as an ex-rugger man, I far prefer playing with my odd shaped balls.

James

--
"Sorry mate, I didn't see you" is not a satisfactory excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.