Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Cinelli 66 handlebar? Where can I get? ...

Started by davidd86 · · Last activity · 9 posts · 2,306 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
2 December 2004
Last activity
5 December 2004
Original author
davidd86
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,306
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Where can I purchase a Cinelli 66-44 handlebar, 26.0, double-grooved? They stopped making these plain old non-anatomic ones any more for some reason, and having tried many many many bars throughout the years, this is by far my favorite model. The combination of deep drop and short reach is just exactly right for me. The Nitto and TTT non-ergo bars have far too much reach -- of course you just use a shorter stem to get the hoods in the right place, but then the straight top, which I use a lot for climbing, is too close.

    It has nothing to do with being retro or whatever; I could care less; I just want to go as fast as possible and I can with these!

    Any clues as to where I can get a set much appreciated.

  2. Give ebay a try. One will inevitably turn up sooner or later.

  3. davidd86 said:

    Where can I purchase a Cinelli 66-44 handlebar, 26.0, double-grooved? They stopped making these plain old non-anatomic ones any more for some reason, and having tried many many many bars throughout the years, this is by far my favorite model. The combination of deep drop and short reach is just exactly right for me. The Nitto and TTT non-ergo bars have far too much reach -- of course you just use a shorter stem to get the hoods in the right place, but then the straight top, which I use a lot for climbing, is too close.

    It has nothing to do with being retro or whatever; I could care less; I just want to go as fast as possible and I can with these!

    Any clues as to where I can get a set much appreciated.

    I amy have one at home I will check tonight and get back to you.

  4. Quoted message said:
    Bedazzle410 said:

    I amy have one at home I will check tonight and get back to you.

    That's super; I really appreciate it. /David

  5. davidd86 said:

    >

    That's super; I really appreciate it. /David

    The bar I have is a Cinelli 66 42 width from early 90's. There are no grooves in the bar. I had it on a tenth year anniversity Eddy that I have. If you are interested in it. Send me a private message.

  6. I might have one. I'll check.....God, it weighs a ton.

    Loren

  7. I think that the only stem diameter Cinelli made for that bar is 26.4mm so you will have to get an old cinelli stem too. 26.4 clamping diameter won't work with 26.0 stems.

  8. Nope, they made them with 26.0 over the last 2-3 years of their production.

    pudster said:

    I think that the only stem diameter Cinelli made for that bar is 26.4mm so you will have to get an old cinelli stem too. 26.4 clamping diameter won't work with 26.0 stems.

  9. Take a look at http://www.ridecampy.com/18/cat18.htm?572

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.