While it may not be hurting anything, I consider it very annoying and
completely unnacceptable in my own unicycles. The only suggestion I
have is to keep trying things, and eventually it will go away. Some
things to try:
1. making sure it is very tight
2. assembling it with some grease or anti-seize compound
3. wrapping aluminium foil around the end of the hub before assembling
(especially usefull for getting more use out of worn out square taper
stuff)
Also I find that in order for (some) cranks to stay tight, they must be
re-tightened a few times as they "break in", and using locktite is a
good idea
It probably IS possible to get the clicking to stop. I have only worked
with square taper and '04 KH hubs, but something should work on any kind
of cranks
keep trying things, and eventually you will be very happy with a silent
unicycle. 🙂
--
sevenasterisks - Mediocre Unicyclist
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sevenasterisks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8632
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43000