Climb to Kaiser Finisher

quenya

Jan 14, 2010
The Climb to Kaiser was Saturday the 26th, and I took my first stab at it. It is a tough ride, billed as 155 miles with 14,500 feet of climbing. I went into the ride with plenty of confidence because of several training rides on the exact climbs we were doing on the day of the race.

I finished in 11:17, which I'm proud of. I rode conservatively, struggled finding a rhythm on Tollhouse and suffered from some GI issues up Big Creek finally spending quite a while on the toilet at the next rest stop, after which I felt like a new man and was passing guys all the way up to Kaiser and was alone for most of the next 62 miles down the mountain and into the valley. I even passed two guys on the descent, which again I'm proud of because after a crash in March I've been very slowly relaxing and regaining confidence in my downhill bike handling.

quenya said:
...and suffered from some GI issues up Big Creek finally spending quite a while on the toilet at the next rest stop, after which I felt like a new man and was passing guys all the way up to Kaiser

This just verifies what Confucius once said:
There's nothing as overrated as sex and as underrated as a good sh1t.

alienator said:
This just verifies what Confucius once said:
There's nothing as overrated as sex and as underrated as a good sh1t.

Lovely :rolleyes:, but true! Honestly I can't imagine any PED having that much of a benefit that suddenly.