Clothing recommendations (beginner)

In article <[email protected]>, Jim Price <[email protected]> writes
>congokid wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>, Jim Price <[email protected]> writes

>I just had a look there, and although you don't get a picture of the back of the jackets, I didn't
>get the impression there was any more reflective material on them than on my jacket, to be honest.

The Bernoulli has four large one inch wide reflector stripes in a diamond pattern on the back, all
away from the middle so less likely to be obscured, two large ones on the front and two more right
round each sleeve. It's 222 Canadian dollars, but it is completely Goretex, has a zipped vent at the
back and two pit zips, which the Prism doesn't have.

> There's a picture of mine (again only from the front) here:
> http://www.roadcycling.com/reviews/pearlizumiprismjacket.shtml

It says the Prism jacket has 'a large one-inch wide reflectorized band on the back of the jacket,
and also in the bicep area of the sleeves', which is more than most I've seen, but still a lot less
than the MEC Bernoulli. Can't find a price for it.

Some manufacturers offer a measly strip about 0.5x20cm, located exactly where a shoulder bag or
rucksack would obscure it.

--
congokid Eating out in London? Read my tips... http://congokid.com