General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Cocaine

Started by Jim · · Last activity · 32 posts · 1,926 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
29 January 2005
Last activity
30 January 2005
Original author
Jim
Posts
32
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,926
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–32 of 32
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more than 200
    bucks worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss it.
    Coke is cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a snort!

    Jim


    have you tried smoking rocks?

  2. "Vladimir Vladimirovich" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more than 200
    bucks worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss it.
    Coke is cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a snort!

    Jim


    have you tried smoking rocks?


    Didn't work - I couldn;t keep one lit long enough to smoke it.

  3. "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Sangfroid" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email hidden]...
    > >>
    > >> "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >
    > >> > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> > news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more


    than

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    200
    > >> > bucks
    > >> >> worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss


    it.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Coke
    > > is
    > >> >> cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a


    snort!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >>
    > >> >> Jim
    > >> >>
    > >> > alt.cocaine.losers
    > >>
    > >> Yep..thats the thing...its very individual. I can enjoy coke on
    occasion.
    > >> others just go crazy and become crackheads.See the image
    > >>
    > >> http://www.lkmusic.net/newgallery/artists/plant.jpg
    > >>
    > > You're right it can be controlled but there must be healthier ways


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > enjoy
    > > yourself?
    > >
    > >
    >
    > That is actually Robert Plant and a fan. He said in an interview


    recently

    Quoted message said:

    > that he gave up all drugs and just drinks now. Whatever.
    >
    > Jim
    >
    Each to his own - alcohol is probably the worst thing around for your


    health

    that's simply absurd and medically unsupported

    alcohol has its problems, but (fwiw) even the ever so conservative


    medical

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    establishment has finally admitted that small (1-2 drinks a day) amounts


    of

    Quoted message said:

    alcohol has health BENEFITS

    it is FAR from the worse thing around for your health

    whit

    Quoted message said:

    plus drunks are a public hazard - OK stick to coke!


    shorry about that - (hic)-
    Alcohol is far worse than anything I can think of if the measurement is


    the

    Quoted message said:

    amount of dollars those abusing it cost the community

    probably true

    but an entirely different claim

    whit

  4. "Charles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:53:28 GMT, "Sangfroid" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email hidden]...
    > >>
    > >> "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >
    > >> > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> > news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more


    than

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    200
    > >> > bucks
    > >> >> worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss


    it.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Coke
    > > is
    > >> >> cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a


    snort!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >>
    > >> >> Jim
    > >> >>
    > >> > alt.cocaine.losers
    > >>
    > >> Yep..thats the thing...its very individual. I can enjoy coke on
    occasion.
    > >> others just go crazy and become crackheads.See the image
    > >>
    > >> http://www.lkmusic.net/newgallery/artists/plant.jpg
    > >>
    > > You're right it can be controlled but there must be healthier ways


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > enjoy
    > > yourself?
    > >
    > >
    >
    > That is actually Robert Plant and a fan. He said in an interview


    recently

    Quoted message said:

    > that he gave up all drugs and just drinks now. Whatever.
    >
    > Jim
    >
    Each to his own - alcohol is probably the worst thing around for your


    health

    that's simply absurd and medically unsupported

    alcohol has its problems, but (fwiw) even the ever so conservative


    medical

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    establishment has finally admitted that small (1-2 drinks a day) amounts


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    alcohol has health BENEFITS

    it is FAR from the worse thing around for your health

    Drinking in moderation has many advantages Whit, but you will know the
    social implications of 'excessive drinking', which is at epidemic
    levels.

    but that was not his claim

    whit

    Quoted message said:

    Have a great weekend - you know I will!! ;o)

  5. "Sangfroid" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Sangfroid" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > > "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email hidden]...
    > > >
    > > > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email hidden]...
    > > >>
    > > >> "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > >> news:[email hidden]...
    > > >> >
    > > >> > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > >> > news:[email hidden]...
    > > >> >> Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more


    than

    Quoted message said:

    > 200
    > > >> > bucks
    > > >> >> worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss


    it.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Coke
    > > > is
    > > >> >> cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a


    snort!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > >> >>
    > > >> >> Jim
    > > >> >>
    > > >> > alt.cocaine.losers
    > > >>
    > > >> Yep..thats the thing...its very individual. I can enjoy coke on
    > occasion.
    > > >> others just go crazy and become crackheads.See the image
    > > >>
    > > >> http://www.lkmusic.net/newgallery/artists/plant.jpg
    > > >>
    > > > You're right it can be controlled but there must be healthier


    ways

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    > > > enjoy
    > > > yourself?
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > > That is actually Robert Plant and a fan. He said in an interview
    recently
    > > that he gave up all drugs and just drinks now. Whatever.
    > >
    > > Jim
    > >
    > Each to his own - alcohol is probably the worst thing around for


    your

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    health

    that's simply absurd and medically unsupported

    alcohol has its problems, but (fwiw) even the ever so conservative


    medical

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    establishment has finally admitted that small (1-2 drinks a day)


    amounts

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of

    Quoted message said:

    alcohol has health BENEFITS

    it is FAR from the worse thing around for your health

    whit

    > plus drunks are a public hazard - OK stick to coke!
    >


    shorry about that - (hic)-
    Alcohol is far worse than anything I can think of if the measurement is


    the

    Quoted message said:

    amount of dollars those abusing it cost the community

    probably true

    but an entirely different claim

    whit


    ok

  6. On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:57:50 GMT, "Sangfroid" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Charles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:53:28 GMT, "Sangfroid" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > > "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email hidden]...
    > > >
    > > > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email hidden]...
    > > >>
    > > >> "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > >> news:[email hidden]...
    > > >> >
    > > >> > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > >> > news:[email hidden]...
    > > >> >> Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more


    than

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > 200
    > > >> > bucks
    > > >> >> worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss


    it.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Coke
    > > > is
    > > >> >> cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a


    snort!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > >> >>
    > > >> >> Jim
    > > >> >>
    > > >> > alt.cocaine.losers
    > > >>
    > > >> Yep..thats the thing...its very individual. I can enjoy coke on
    > occasion.
    > > >> others just go crazy and become crackheads.See the image
    > > >>
    > > >> http://www.lkmusic.net/newgallery/artists/plant.jpg
    > > >>
    > > > You're right it can be controlled but there must be healthier ways


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > > enjoy
    > > > yourself?
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > > That is actually Robert Plant and a fan. He said in an interview
    recently
    > > that he gave up all drugs and just drinks now. Whatever.
    > >
    > > Jim
    > >
    > Each to his own - alcohol is probably the worst thing around for your
    health

    that's simply absurd and medically unsupported

    alcohol has its problems, but (fwiw) even the ever so conservative


    medical

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    establishment has finally admitted that small (1-2 drinks a day) amounts


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    alcohol has health BENEFITS

    it is FAR from the worse thing around for your health

    Drinking in moderation has many advantages Whit, but you will know the
    social implications of 'excessive drinking', which is at epidemic
    levels.

    but that was not his claim

    But I wasn't responding to him, however, he appears to say the same
    as you but in a different way.

    I think we are all agreed that alcohol in moderation has certain
    benefits, I merely raised the spectre of the down side of alcohol!!

    HAGW!! ;o)

  7. "Sangfroid" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote
    > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote
    >> "David" <[email hidden]> wrote
    >> > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote
    >> >> Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more than


    200

    Quoted message said:

    >> > bucks
    >> >> worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss it.


    Coke

    Quoted message said:

    > is
    >> >> cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a snort!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > alt.cocaine.losers
    >>
    >> Yep..thats the thing...its very individual. I can enjoy coke on


    occasion.

    Quoted message said:

    >> others just go crazy and become crackheads.See the image
    >>
    >> http://www.lkmusic.net/newgallery/artists/plant.jpg
    >>
    > You're right it can be controlled but there must be healthier ways to
    > enjoy
    > yourself?
    >
    That is actually Robert Plant and a fan. He said in an interview


    recently

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that he gave up all drugs and just drinks now. Whatever.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Each to his own - alcohol is probably the worst thing around for your


    health

    that's simply absurd and medically unsupported

    alcohol has its problems, but (fwiw) even the ever so conservative medical
    establishment has finally admitted that small (1-2 drinks a day) amounts
    of
    alcohol has health BENEFITS

    it is FAR from the worse thing around for your health

    Of course. A small amount of alcohol is at least harmless, and most likely
    healthy. A small amount of cocaine can kill you. And that is not a
    theoretical concern.

    David

  8. DZ said:
    Charles said:
    DZ said:

    Charles <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > "Sangfroid" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>> Drinking in moderation has many advantages Whit, but you will know the
    >>> social implications of 'excessive drinking', which is at epidemic
    >>> levels.
    >>
    >>but that was not his claim
    >
    > But I wasn't responding to him, however, he appears to say the same
    > as you but in a different way.
    >
    > I think we are all agreed that alcohol in moderation has certain
    > benefits, I merely raised the spectre of the down side of alcohol!!

    So then this begs the question - is there such thing as cocaine in
    moderation?

    I shouldn't think that the odd snort is going to cause irreparable
    damage, and is perhaps quite therapeutic.

    You answered in absolute terms and yes that question was phrased in
    absolute terms as well. Let me rephrase it then - what are the chances
    that an odd snorter will become a full blown addict?

    If he is a genuine "odd snorter" not very high. However, the
    likelihood is that chronic addiction is just around the corner.

    Quoted message said:

    I think the
    chances are a lot higher than for someone who is consuming 1 drink a
    day.

    That would also be my honest opinion, as there are a great deal more
    people who drink socially and in moderation, than there are
    alcoholics.

    However, my point earlier really was to do with current drinking
    levels, by what are described as binge drinkers, that are causing
    enormous social upheaval.

  9. "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more than 200


    bucks

    Quoted message said:

    worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss it. Coke is
    cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a snort!

    Jim


    Is it easy to get?


    I don't know, I tried Thomas Register, Google Local, Grainger's, MSC, and
    McMaster-Carr and still couldn't source it.

  10. "Vladimir Vladimirovich" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more than 200


    bucks

    Quoted message said:

    worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss it. Coke


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a snort!

    Jim


    Is it easy to get?


    I don't know, I tried Thomas Register, Google Local, Grainger's, MSC, and
    McMaster-Carr and still couldn't source it.


    Did you try the Yellow Pages?

  11. "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Vladimir Vladimirovich" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more than 200
    bucks
    > worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss it. Coke


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a snort!
    >
    > Jim
    >
    Is it easy to get?


    I don't know, I tried Thomas Register, Google Local, Grainger's, MSC, and
    McMaster-Carr and still couldn't source it.


    Did you try the Yellow Pages?


    Those books are too heavy.

  12. "Vladimir Vladimirovich" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Vladimir Vladimirovich" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > "Jim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    >> Ive enjoyed it recreationally for many years. Never did more than


    200

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > bucks
    >> worth a month. But I recently stopped using it...damn I miss it.


    Coke

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:

    >> cool as long as you dont get all addicted to it. I need a snort!
    >>
    >> Jim
    >>
    > Is it easy to get?
    >
    I don't know, I tried Thomas Register, Google Local, Grainger's, MSC,


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    McMaster-Carr and still couldn't source it.


    Did you try the Yellow Pages?


    Those books are too heavy.


    Only when you're stoned

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.