rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Coker ultimate wheel

Started by danger_uni · · Last activity · 27 posts · 854 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
5 July 2004
Last activity
6 July 2004
Original author
danger_uni
Posts
27
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
854
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–27 of 27
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size

  1. Quoted message said:

    now imagine a special pair of trousers that have a roller so one could
    sit on the tire and ride...sans frame.


    ...and then on to ultimate coker wheel walking. 🙂> Looking at the video I would choose short hills to ride down, that

    Quoted message said:

    wheel is gonna have a tendency to do the rest of the hill by
    itself..


    It did. 🙂> Eh? Whatchu tockin' 'bout Willis? I found that keeping the wheel as

    Quoted message said:

    vertical as possible was the best way to ride in control.


    I guess I was trying to keep the wheel as vertical as possible, but to
    do so I needed to over-compensate with the tilt or something along those
    lines. I found that if I started with it straight it would instantly
    rub against the soon-to-be-lower leg and bring me down with it...any
    suggestions/tips? That actually makes for some funny looking falls.
    The wheel with all it's momentum (especially down hills 🙂) catches your
    leg and pulls it very suddenly down to the ground. It's rather awkward.
    So any tips on improving my technique? Any tips on better backwards
    riding? Has anybody tried a rolling jump mount on one? I think I'll
    try tomorrow.

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter - Quit jivin' me, turkey!

    HTTP://WWW.UNICYCLIST.COM/GALLERY/ANDREW
    andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
    http://www.unicycles.com.au
    Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andrew_carter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1052
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33728

  2. Hey andrew, I'm up to about 5 mounts on mine

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'yea i no allot of mi frends an i r hecka smartr then othr peeple at mi
    skool cus we can balense and we can ride farthar then other peeple wich
    makes ur bran more exersised an it helps u consentrate an improves ur
    mentel stamena' - 1wheelthrilla

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/) (London,
    Ontario, Canada)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33728

  3. Wow! Which ones?

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter - Quit jivin' me, turkey!

    HTTP://WWW.UNICYCLIST.COM/GALLERY/ANDREW
    andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
    http://www.unicycles.com.au
    Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andrew_carter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1052
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33728

  4. i'll post video tonight 🙂

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'yea i no allot of mi frends an i r hecka smartr then othr peeple at mi
    skool cus we can balense and we can ride farthar then other peeple wich
    makes ur bran more exersised an it helps u consentrate an improves ur
    mentel stamena' - 1wheelthrilla

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/) (London,
    Ontario, Canada)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33728

  5. Sofa said:

    *i'll post video tonight 🙂 *


    another helicopter view?

    --
    jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

    ---------------------------------------------------
    [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/albup23/sig_2.jpg]

    -Forget_Your_Life-

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jagur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/502
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33728

  6. jagur said:

    *another helicopter view? *

    Hopefully I can zoom in a bit closer.

    Or maybe I'll even doublecheck the ground footage before returning to
    good ol' floor # 6

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'yea i no allot of mi frends an i r hecka smartr then othr peeple at mi
    skool cus we can balense and we can ride farthar then other peeple wich
    makes ur bran more exersised an it helps u consentrate an improves ur
    mentel stamena' - 1wheelthrilla

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/) (London,
    Ontario, Canada)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33728

  7. danger_uni said:

    *I'm sure someone else must have tried this before, but it was still a
    really fun discovery.*


    Entertainers did it (with much larger wheels) around the turn of the
    century.

    I have an old picture of Tom Miller doing it on a wagon wheel (about
    46"😉 in 1981.

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
    www.unicycling.com

    "Beer me." -- Scot Cooper, at the end of a group ride all the way up and
    all the way down Mt. Diablo (3300'😉, a 20 mile round trip of road and
    trail.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33728

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.