rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

converting muni to trials/street

Started by The Bruiser · · Last activity · 7 posts · 228 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
23 June 2006
Last activity
24 June 2006
Original author
The Bruiser
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
228
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ok so im getting a mountain b*ke and i want to convert my MUni to a
    trials/street machine. Im thinking about putting a fireball tire on my
    torker Dx 24" what does everyone think about that. Any other
    suggestions are welcome.

    --
    The Bruiser

    lvl 3 unicyclist, move out the way haha
    Muni
    MUni
    ni
    i
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Bruiser's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11352
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50606

  2. Good idea. A 24 with fireball is a good change of pace uni. Keep the
    tire pressure high for street and lower for trials. Make sure you keep
    your muni tire around though!

    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    \"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

    \"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
    mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
    you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
    don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
    not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheObieOne3226's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50606

  3. what length of cranks are you going to use? I don't even know if you
    would have to change them.

    --
    Radical Reed

    You can never have enough unicycles......*EVER*😠 !!!!
    PM me if you like cheese!!!!
    ' .' (http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50606

  4. I just use my muni tire for trials and street, it works fine. when it
    gets worn out it still works, so I don't think that's a huge deal...

    If anybody thinks I should be using a diff. tire, tell me. I'd be
    interested in what would be comparable. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like
    a fireball at all though, seems like it would be not so bouncy, and I
    like trials-style tires.

    --
    Fuego

    morons everywhere said:

    Get off my Property before you sue me!

    teh said:

    OMG! The screen just borked!


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50606

  5. You could try a Kenda K-rad on you Muni for trials/street riding. Its
    got enough grip for trials but not too much so its great for street
    aswell.

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !

    Quoted message said:

    <>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF<><


    'Check Out The Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez)

    koebwil said:

    I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
    letters I don't want

    w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trials_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10953
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50606

  6. Maxxis hookworm is really good for street, well at least i think that

    --
    tomtrevor

    wanna see wacked bikes at their best visit www.mediahug.com/bikes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50606

  7. Do not get the fireball, from what I've read its rather heavy and does
    not bounce well. I highly recommend the maxxis hookworm 2.5" tire. I
    ride the hookworm and it works very well for both trials and street
    riding. It's pretty light and bounces really well.

    --
    Brian O.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian O.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10744
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50606

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.