Cooke DNF?

Kenny

Guest
After Cooke hit the barrier, he walked to the finish leaving his bike
on the road. Don't you have to cross the finish with your bike in
order to be ranked?

Kenny

"Kenny" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news:[email protected]...
> After Cooke hit the barrier, he walked to the finish leaving his bike
> on the road. Don't you have to cross the finish with your bike in
> order to be ranked?
>
> Kenny

If you crash in the last K (or did they change it to 3k as discussed?) you
get the same time as the group you were in when you crashed, which is what
Cooke got. However his official finishing position was dead last (190th or
so)- behind everyone who did cross the line.

trg wrote:
> "Kenny" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
> news:[email protected]...
>> After Cooke hit the barrier, he walked to the finish leaving his bike
>> on the road. Don't you have to cross the finish with your bike in
>> order to be ranked?
>>
>> Kenny
>>

> If you crash in the last K (or did they change it to 3k as
> discussed?) you get the same time as the group you were in when you
> crashed, which is what Cooke got. However his official finishing
> position was dead last (190th or so)- behind everyone who did cross
> the line.

Its 3K now :)

Jan

I know there a rule like that when it comes to calculating time losses,
but don't you have to cross the finish with your bike :
1. to be in the stage result
2. to start the next day

"Kenny" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
|I know there a rule like that when it comes to calculating time losses,
| but don't you have to cross the finish with your bike :
| 1. to be in the stage result
| 2. to start the next day

Nope,

From 2004 UCI rules governing stage races-

2.6.026
In the case of a duly noted fall, puncture or mechanical incident beyond the
red flare, the rider or riders
involved shall be credited with the time of the rider or riders in whose
company they were riding
at the moment of the accident. His or their placing shall be determined by
the order in which he or
they actually cross the finishing line.

2.6.027
If, as the result of a fall beyond the red flare, a rider cannot cross the
finishing line, he shall be
placed last in the stage and credited with the time of the rider or riders
in whose company he was
riding at the time of the accident.

Similar rules for a prologue-
2.6.005
4. Any rider who suffers an accident during the prologue and is unable to
complete the distance
shall nevertheless race the following day and be credited with the time of
the last rider to finish.

So, if the last 3k is a sprint, then maybe next time Basso should take a
dive in order to not lose seconds to Cunego :)