General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

cool whip

Started by Jen · · Last activity · 33 posts · 1,637 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 August 2005
Last activity
10 August 2005
Original author
Jen
Posts
33
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,637
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–33 of 33
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. -L. said:
    enigma said:

    on a related note, am i really the only person that can taste
    the fake sugar aftertaste of Splenda? i've not met anyone else
    that admits to being able to detect any difference between
    Splenda & sugar.

    That stuff is vile. Worse than Nutrasweet, IMO. There must be a
    Splenda gene for tasters and non-tasters because so many people say "It
    tastes just like sugar." (Um, NO it doesn't!)

    -L.


    Oh I can detect a difference hands down. I bought one sm box of Splenda
    to try. It is vilest stuff I've ever tasted! I don't do artifical
    sweeteners anyway but Splenda was supposed to taste like sugar. It
    doesn't. I had a major headache almost immediately after ingesting
    Splenda followed by nausea.

  2. -L. said:
    enigma said:

    on a related note, am i really the only person that can taste
    the fake sugar aftertaste of Splenda? i've not met anyone else
    that admits to being able to detect any difference between
    Splenda & sugar.

    That stuff is vile. Worse than Nutrasweet, IMO. There must be a
    Splenda gene for tasters and non-tasters because so many people say "It
    tastes just like sugar." (Um, NO it doesn't!)

    -L.


    Oh I can detect a difference hands down. I bought one sm box of Splenda
    to try. It is vilest stuff I've ever tasted! I don't do artifical
    sweeteners anyway but Splenda was supposed to taste like sugar. It
    doesn't. I had a major headache almost immediately after ingesting
    Splenda followed by nausea.

  3. On Tue 09 Aug 2005 12:58:27p, ~patches~ wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    -L. said:
    enigma said:

    on a related note, am i really the only person that can taste
    the fake sugar aftertaste of Splenda? i've not met anyone else
    that admits to being able to detect any difference between
    Splenda & sugar.

    That stuff is vile. Worse than Nutrasweet, IMO. There must be a
    Splenda gene for tasters and non-tasters because so many people say "It
    tastes just like sugar." (Um, NO it doesn't!)

    -L.


    Oh I can detect a difference hands down. I bought one sm box of Splenda
    to try. It is vilest stuff I've ever tasted! I don't do artifical
    sweeteners anyway but Splenda was supposed to taste like sugar. It
    doesn't. I had a major headache almost immediately after ingesting
    Splenda followed by nausea.

    Are you sure that was Splenda and not crystal meth? :-)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  4. On Tue 09 Aug 2005 12:58:27p, ~patches~ wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    -L. said:
    enigma said:

    on a related note, am i really the only person that can taste
    the fake sugar aftertaste of Splenda? i've not met anyone else
    that admits to being able to detect any difference between
    Splenda & sugar.

    That stuff is vile. Worse than Nutrasweet, IMO. There must be a
    Splenda gene for tasters and non-tasters because so many people say "It
    tastes just like sugar." (Um, NO it doesn't!)

    -L.


    Oh I can detect a difference hands down. I bought one sm box of Splenda
    to try. It is vilest stuff I've ever tasted! I don't do artifical
    sweeteners anyway but Splenda was supposed to taste like sugar. It
    doesn't. I had a major headache almost immediately after ingesting
    Splenda followed by nausea.

    Are you sure that was Splenda and not crystal meth? :-)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  5. ~patches~ said:
    -L. said:
    enigma said:

    on a related note, am i really the only person that can taste
    the fake sugar aftertaste of Splenda? i've not met anyone else
    that admits to being able to detect any difference between
    Splenda & sugar.

    That stuff is vile. Worse than Nutrasweet, IMO. There must be a
    Splenda gene for tasters and non-tasters because so many people say "It
    tastes just like sugar." (Um, NO it doesn't!)

    -L.


    Oh I can detect a difference hands down. I bought one sm box of Splenda
    to try. It is vilest stuff I've ever tasted! I don't do artifical
    sweeteners anyway but Splenda was supposed to taste like sugar. It
    doesn't. I had a major headache almost immediately after ingesting
    Splenda followed by nausea.

    I can taste it in coffees and teas (and it gives me headaches as well).

    Alexis.

  6. ~patches~ <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    -L. said:
    enigma said:

    on a related note, am i really the only person that can
    taste
    the fake sugar aftertaste of Splenda? i've not met anyone
    else that admits to being able to detect any difference
    between Splenda & sugar.

    That stuff is vile. Worse than Nutrasweet, IMO. There
    must be a Splenda gene for tasters and non-tasters because
    so many people say "It tastes just like sugar." (Um, NO
    it doesn't!)


    Oh I can detect a difference hands down. I bought one sm
    box of Splenda
    to try. It is vilest stuff I've ever tasted! I don't do
    artifical
    sweeteners anyway but Splenda was supposed to taste like
    sugar. It doesn't. I had a major headache almost
    immediately after ingesting Splenda followed by nausea.

    hmmm, and the big cereal companies are using it to replace
    sugar in thier kid cereals (contains 1/3rd less sugar! and
    1/3rd more [censored]...). nothing like making the kid sick before
    packing him off to school...
    lee

    --
    war is peace
    freedom is slavery
    ignorance is strength
    1984-George Orwell

  7. ~patches~ <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    -L. said:
    enigma said:

    on a related note, am i really the only person that can
    taste
    the fake sugar aftertaste of Splenda? i've not met anyone
    else that admits to being able to detect any difference
    between Splenda & sugar.

    That stuff is vile. Worse than Nutrasweet, IMO. There
    must be a Splenda gene for tasters and non-tasters because
    so many people say "It tastes just like sugar." (Um, NO
    it doesn't!)


    Oh I can detect a difference hands down. I bought one sm
    box of Splenda
    to try. It is vilest stuff I've ever tasted! I don't do
    artifical
    sweeteners anyway but Splenda was supposed to taste like
    sugar. It doesn't. I had a major headache almost
    immediately after ingesting Splenda followed by nausea.

    hmmm, and the big cereal companies are using it to replace
    sugar in thier kid cereals (contains 1/3rd less sugar! and
    1/3rd more [censored]...). nothing like making the kid sick before
    packing him off to school...
    lee

    --
    war is peace
    freedom is slavery
    ignorance is strength
    1984-George Orwell

  8. kr_gentner said:


    It tastes like nasty vile chemicals to me too. I can also taste whatever
    chemical they put on bagged lettuce and cilantro tastes like soap.

    Kathy

    I can taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce too, but I like
    Cilantro.

    -L.

  9. On Tue 09 Aug 2005 11:27:27p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    kr_gentner said:


    It tastes like nasty vile chemicals to me too. I can also taste whatever
    chemical they put on bagged lettuce and cilantro tastes like soap.

    Kathy

    I can taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce too, but I like
    Cilantro.

    I also taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce and salad greens. I don't
    seem to taste it in the bagged coleslaw mix or bagged spinach. I love
    Cilantro.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-1, 08/09/2005
    Tested on: 8/10/2005 4:39:22 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  10. On Tue 09 Aug 2005 11:27:27p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    kr_gentner said:


    It tastes like nasty vile chemicals to me too. I can also taste whatever
    chemical they put on bagged lettuce and cilantro tastes like soap.

    Kathy

    I can taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce too, but I like
    Cilantro.

    I also taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce and salad greens. I don't
    seem to taste it in the bagged coleslaw mix or bagged spinach. I love
    Cilantro.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-1, 08/09/2005
    Tested on: 8/10/2005 4:39:22 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  11. Wayne Boatwright <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue 09 Aug 2005 11:27:27p, -L. wrote in
    rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    kr_gentner said:


    It tastes like nasty vile chemicals to me too. I can
    also taste whatever chemical they put on bagged lettuce
    and cilantro tastes like soap.

    Kathy

    I can taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce too, but I
    like Cilantro.

    I also taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce and salad
    greens. I don't seem to taste it in the bagged coleslaw
    mix or bagged spinach. I love Cilantro.

    i think cilantro tastes soapy too, but i like it 🙂
    i buy the organic bagged romaine & raddichio for my tortoises
    in the winter... please tell me those aren't chemically
    treated! i'll have to start growing dandelions under lights.
    lee

    --
    war is peace
    freedom is slavery
    ignorance is strength
    1984-George Orwell

  12. "Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue 09 Aug 2005 11:27:27p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    kr_gentner said:


    It tastes like nasty vile chemicals to me too. I can also taste
    whatever
    chemical they put on bagged lettuce and cilantro tastes like soap.

    Kathy

    I can taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce too, but I like
    Cilantro.

    I also taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce and salad greens. I don't
    seem to taste it in the bagged coleslaw mix or bagged spinach. I love
    Cilantro.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    After I tried to get rid of that taste in bagged lettuce I quit buying any
    kind of greens in bags. I like just a little bit of cilantro in salsa. It
    doesn't taste right without it and too much doesn't taste right either. But
    I don't like it in anything else.

    Kathy

  13. Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Tue 09 Aug 2005 11:27:27p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    kr_gentner said:

    It tastes like nasty vile chemicals to me too. I can also taste whatever
    chemical they put on bagged lettuce and cilantro tastes like soap.

    Kathy

    I can taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce too, but I like
    Cilantro.

    I also taste the chemical in the bagged lettuce and salad greens. I don't
    seem to taste it in the bagged coleslaw mix or bagged spinach. I love
    Cilantro.


    Cilantro is one of those things I don't use a lot of. DH and DD really
    dislike it so I go very light. I grew it one summer. It is a very easy
    to grow and prolific herb! It's a self seeder too so once you get seeds
    you are stuck with it for life but if you use a lot that's the way to go.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.