Cooler Climes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Jun 16, 2003.

  1. Technician

    Technician Guest

    JD <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > They're quite desirable when the valley is 90+.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603004.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603009.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603010.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603011.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603014.jpg
    >
    > JD

    I think you may have meant "Climbs", and they were mostly flats or decents, except the last one that
    was obviously a climb.

    Good pics as usual though (why are my pictures always so drab looking).
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Technician thoughtfully penned:

    > I think you may have meant "Climbs", and they were mostly flats or decents, except the last one
    > that was obviously a climb.
    >
    > Good pics as usual though (why are my pictures always so drab looking).

    Travis "clime" is a word. You really need to get out more.

    clime

    \Clime\, n. [L. clima. See Climate.] A climate; a tract or region of the earth. See Climate.

    Turn we to sutvey, Where rougher climes a nobler race display. --Goldsmith.

    n : the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time [syn: climate]

  3. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote

    > clime
    >
    > \Clime\, n. [L. clima. See Climate.] A climate; a tract or region of the earth. See Climate.
    >
    > Turn we to sutvey, Where rougher climes a nobler race
    display. --Goldsmith.

    > n : the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time [syn: climate]

    Jeez, Penny. Slow down, you'll confuse the boy. One step at a time.

    Pete.

  4. Trekkie Dad

    Trekkie Dad Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    > They're quite desirable when the valley is 90+.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603004.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603009.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603010.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603011.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603014.jpg
    >
    > JD

    nice pix, any chance I will be passing near any of those places on my trip next month?

    TD

    --
    [email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
    http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html ICQ# available on request

  5. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Pete <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

    > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote
    >

    > > clime
    > >
    > > \Clime\, n. [L. clima. See Climate.] A climate; a tract or region of the earth. See Climate.
    > >
    > > Turn we to sutvey, Where rougher climes a nobler race
    > display. --Goldsmith.
    > >
    > > n : the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time [syn: climate]
    >
    > Jeez, Penny. Slow down, you'll confuse the boy. One step at a time.
    >
    > Pete.

    misinterpreting "Climes" as "Climbs" does not signify a slower intellectual state when clearly
    the word was not in my vocabulary. Penny picked up on that, you however decided to use it as a
    form of slander.
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  6. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Technician thoughtfully penned:
    > Pete <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    >>
    >> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote
    >>

    >>> clime
    >>>
    >>> \Clime\, n. [L. clima. See Climate.] A climate; a tract or region of the earth. See Climate.
    >>>
    >>> Turn we to sutvey, Where rougher climes a nobler race
    >> display. --Goldsmith.
    >>>
    >>> n : the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time [syn: climate]
    >>
    >> Jeez, Penny. Slow down, you'll confuse the boy. One step at a time.
    >>
    >> Pete.
    >>

    > misinterpreting "Climes" as "Climbs" does not signify a slower intellectual state when clearly the
    > word was not in my vocabulary. Penny picked up on that, you however decided to use it as a form of
    > slander.

    You need your humor meter adjusted too!

    p.

  7. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Penny S. <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > Technician thoughtfully penned:
    > > Pete <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > >>
    > >> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote

    > >> display. --Goldsmith.

    > >> Jeez, Penny. Slow down, you'll confuse the boy. One step at a time.
    > >>
    > >> Pete.
    > >>

    > > misinterpreting "Climes" as "Climbs" does not signify a slower intellectual state when clearly
    > > the word was not in my vocabulary. Penny picked up on that, you however decided to use it as a
    > > form of slander.
    >
    > You need your humor meter adjusted too!
    >
    > p.

    as do you ;-) (it was pretty subtle, and between the lines so i forgive you)
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Trekkie Dad <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    > > They're quite desirable when the valley is 90+.
    > >
    > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603004.jpg
    > >
    > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603009.jpg
    > >
    > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603010.jpg
    > >
    > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603011.jpg
    > >
    > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603014.jpg
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > nice pix, any chance I will be passing near any of those places on my trip next month?

    Yes, but you's never know it. Ask TJ.

    JD

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Technician thoughtfully penned:
    > > >>

    > > I think you may have meant "Climbs", and they were mostly flats or decents, except the last one
    > > that was obviously a climb.
    > >
    > > Good pics as usual though (why are my pictures always so drab looking).
    >
    > Travis "clime" is a word. You really need to get out more.
    >
    > clime
    >
    > \Clime\, n. [L. clima. See Climate.] A climate; a tract or region of the earth. See Climate.
    >
    > Turn we to sutvey, Where rougher climes a nobler race display. --Goldsmith.
    >
    > n : the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time [syn: climate]

    Teacher teacher, can ya teach me? I say just let him flail.

    JD

  10. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    JD thoughtfully penned:
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Technician thoughtfully penned:
    >>>>>

    >>> I think you may have meant "Climbs", and they were mostly flats or decents, except the last one
    >>> that was obviously a climb.
    >>>
    >>> Good pics as usual though (why are my pictures always so drab looking).
    >>
    >> Travis "clime" is a word. You really need to get out more.
    >>
    >> clime
    >>
    >> \Clime\, n. [L. clima. See Climate.] A climate; a tract or region of the earth. See Climate.
    >>
    >> Turn we to sutvey, Where rougher climes a nobler race display. --Goldsmith.
    >>
    >> n : the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time [syn: climate]
    >
    > Teacher teacher, can ya teach me? I say just let him flail.
    >
    > JD

    heh, wasn't teaching. I followed your recommendation and "googled" dictionary dot com.

    Penny

  11. Trekkie Dad

    Trekkie Dad Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    > Trekkie Dad <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    > >
    > > > They're quite desirable when the valley is 90+.
    > > >
    > > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603004.jpg
    > > >
    > > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603009.jpg
    > > >
    > > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603010.jpg
    > > >
    > > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603011.jpg
    > > >
    > > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061603014.jpg
    > > >
    > > > JD
    > >
    > > nice pix, any chance I will be passing near any of those places on my trip next month?
    >
    > Yes, but you's never know it. Ask TJ.
    >
    > JD

    OK, I'm asking.

    Hellooo, TJ, are you around? (Google said TJ last posted on May 27.) I'm going to be passing through
    Durango and Fruita in mid-July. Current estimates put me in Fruita the 15th or 16th. Any chance I
    will be going near the places JD has pictured?

    TD

    --
    [email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
    http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html ICQ# available on request

  12. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD thoughtfully penned:
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> Technician thoughtfully penned:

    > >> Travis "clime" is a word. You really need to get out more.
    > >>
    > >> clime
    > >>
    > >> \Clime\, n. [L. clima. See Climate.] A climate; a tract or region of the earth. See Climate.
    > >>
    > >> Turn we to sutvey, Where rougher climes a nobler race display. --Goldsmith.
    > >>
    > >> n : the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time [syn: climate]
    > >
    > > Teacher teacher, can ya teach me? I say just let him flail.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > heh, wasn't teaching. I followed your recommendation and "googled" dictionary dot com.

    You showed him really well, teacher.

    JD

  13. Glenn Dowdy

    Glenn Dowdy Guest

    > > Technician thoughtfully penned:
    > > > >>

    > > > I think you may have meant "Climbs", and they were mostly flats or decents, except the last
    > > > one that was obviously a climb.
    > > >
    > > > Good pics as usual though (why are my pictures always so drab looking).
    > >
    > > Travis "clime" is a word. You really need to get out more.
    > >
    > > clime
    > >
    > > \Clime\, n. [L. clima. See Climate.] A climate; a tract or region of the earth. See Climate.
    > >
    > > Turn we to sutvey, Where rougher climes a nobler race
    display. --Goldsmith.

    > > n : the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time [syn: climate]
    >
    > Teacher teacher, can ya teach me? I say just let him flail.

    Jeez, you can't spell "fail" either. Furrfu. Western slope types.

    Glenn D.

  14. Tj

    Tj Guest

    "Trekkie Dad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    > > Trekkie Dad <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > nice pix, any chance I will be passing near any of those places on my trip next month?
    > >
    > > Yes, but you's never know it. Ask TJ.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > OK, I'm asking.
    >
    > Hellooo, TJ, are you around? (Google said TJ last posted on May 27.) I'm going to be passing
    > through Durango and Fruita in mid-July. Current estimates put me in Fruita the 15th or 16th. Any
    > chance I will be going near the places JD has pictured?
    >
    > TD
    >
    > --
    > [email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
    > http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html ICQ# available on request

    Check your e-mail.

    TJ

  15. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Glenn Dowdy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]ews.com>...
    > > > Technician thoughtfully penned:

    > > > Travis "clime" is a word. You really need to get out more.
    > > >
    > > > clime
    > > >
    > > > \Clime\, n. [L. clima. See Climate.] A climate; a tract or region of the earth. See Climate.
    > > >
    > > > Turn we to sutvey, Where rougher climes a nobler race
    > display. --Goldsmith.
    > > >
    > > > n : the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time [syn: climate]
    > >
    > > Teacher teacher, can ya teach me? I say just let him flail.
    > >
    > Jeez, you can't spell "fail" either. Furrfu. Western slope types.

    That's all we needed, a Far Sider throwing in his 1.5 sense.

    JD

  16. Technician

    Technician Guest

    JD <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > "Glenn Dowdy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > display. --Goldsmith.

    > > > Teacher teacher, can ya teach me? I say just let him flail.
    > > >
    > > Jeez, you can't spell "fail" either. Furrfu. Western slope types.
    >
    > That's all we needed, a Far Sider throwing in his 1.5 sense.
    >
    > JD

    personally, i thought "flail" was a bit humorous. ;-)