Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Copper Canyon, Mexico RR

Started by MTBBill · · Last activity · 15 posts · 617 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
21 November 2005
Last activity
22 November 2005
Original author
MTBBill
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
617
Views / 30 days
15

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. About three weeks I got back from an incredible nine-day trip to Copper
    Canyon in Mexico. The riding was some of the best I have ever enjoyed,
    and this place has to be one of the most beautiful places on our
    planet. The canyon system is at least seven times the size and 1,462
    feet deeper than Arizona's Grand Canyon.

    Saying my ride report is a little long would be quite an
    understatement. I have organized things into a main Copper Canyon Trip
    page that will take you to the other seven pages of notes and pictures
    from this incredible life enriching experience.

    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm

    -Bill

  2. MTBBill said:

    About three weeks I got back from an incredible nine-day trip to Copper
    Canyon in Mexico. The riding was some of the best I have ever enjoyed,
    and this place has to be one of the most beautiful places on our
    planet. The canyon system is at least seven times the size and 1,462
    feet deeper than Arizona's Grand Canyon.

    Saying my ride report is a little long would be quite an
    understatement. I have organized things into a main Copper Canyon Trip
    page that will take you to the other seven pages of notes and pictures
    from this incredible life enriching experience.

    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm

    -Bill

    Excellent report, Bill! It brings back vivid memories of my trip there
    in February. You almost did the same itinerary and I noticed that
    Enrique was one of your guides too.

    Great pics and thanks for sharing. I can't wait for your video.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  3. MTBBill said:

    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm

    Very nice. ChipPy was very cool to hook you up with that.

    JD

  4. MTBBill said:

    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm

    Man, I am so jealous! Very nice, looks like a great time.

    --
    -BB-
    To e-mail me, unmunge my address

  5. BB said:
    MTBBill said:

    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm

    Man, I am so jealous! Very nice, looks like a great time.

    Take some vacation time and tel them Chip sent you.

    JD

  6. Time for bed here in the UK , but I'm saving the link and looking forward to
    reading it tomorrow.

    Adam

  7. Can't out speak JD on that one!

    The dollar value to life experience ratio is one of the highest
    available.

    And just think, that was my 3rd trip there in 4 years!

    Going back? Damm right I am, just don''t know when. But for sure
    with

    www.kami-kiwi.com

    Chip "back to reality" Brent
    San Diego, CA
    Home of the best LoSoCal riding!

  8. That is next on the to-do list. I have not even put the tapes back in
    the machine to review them yet. However the video turns out, it will
    not do the place true justice.

    -Bill

  9. CB said:

    Can't out speak JD on that one!

    The dollar value to life experience ratio is one of the highest
    available.

    Incredibly true. One of my life awakening experiences. The geography,
    geology, and most of all the people are something that has to be
    experienced. As I said before, it totally blows away all perceptions of
    what people think of Mexico.

    I might just have to join you on the next trip down after I recover from
    the expense of my oldest one's 13th year journey into manhood.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  10. CB said:

    Can't out speak JD on that one!

    The dollar value to life experience ratio is one of the highest
    available.

    And just think, that was my 3rd trip there in 4 years!

    Going back? Damm right I am, just don''t know when. But for sure
    with

    www.kami-kiwi.com

    Chip "back to reality" Brent
    San Diego, CA
    Home of the best LoSoCal riding!

    OK. I'm going. Not sure how or when but it's going to happen. The wife
    will be all over it to. She always wants to go somewhere that's warm and
    where Spanish is spoken, and she even knows a little Cora too.

    Matt

  11. MattB said:

    OK. I'm going. Not sure how or when but it's going to happen. The wife
    will be all over it to. She always wants to go somewhere that's warm and
    where Spanish is spoken, and she even knows a little Cora too.

    Bill, great travelogue/photos.

    Matt, maybe a 903 mini-reunion is in order since I
    need to get there sometime and Rich (on your left
    http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/fftf04/f034.jpg)
    wants to hit that area as well.

  12. p e t e f a g e r l i n said:
    MattB said:

    OK. I'm going. Not sure how or when but it's going to happen. The wife
    will be all over it to. She always wants to go somewhere that's warm and
    where Spanish is spoken, and she even knows a little Cora too.

    Bill, great travelogue/photos.

    Matt, maybe a 903 mini-reunion is in order since I
    need to get there sometime and Rich (on your left
    http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/fftf04/f034.jpg)
    wants to hit that area as well.

    Do I get to be the guide?

    I bet Anthony would go. I'd like to hit up that one place he's been a
    couple of times in the SMOs.

    JD

  13. JD said:

    Do I get to be the guide?

    Only if you bring lights for everyone!

    Yeah, Anthony has a bunch of Mexico mojo going too.

  14. Great shots Bill

    Got a sneak preview from Chip yesterday, and have already spread them around
    the office. Chip, are the tour groupings separated by relative skill or
    fitness level? Within our small group of biking friends, there is a wide
    spectrum of both riding experience and fitness (well, age has a lot to do
    with it too...).

    I can see that if a group of avid riders got mixed with some of our less fit
    (but enthusiastic) folks, a days ride could differ by 10 miles. How do the
    tour folks split things up?

    Cheers
    Gary

    Was talking this over with a couple of people who are newer riders. They
    would love to go at some point, and were
    "CB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Can't out speak JD on that one!

    The dollar value to life experience ratio is one of the highest
    available.

    And just think, that was my 3rd trip there in 4 years!

    Going back? Damm right I am, just don''t know when. But for sure
    with

    www.kami-kiwi.com

    Chip "back to reality" Brent
    San Diego, CA
    Home of the best LoSoCal riding!

  15. p e t e f a g e r l i n said:
    MattB said:

    OK. I'm going. Not sure how or when but it's going to happen. The wife
    will be all over it to. She always wants to go somewhere that's warm
    and where Spanish is spoken, and she even knows a little Cora too.

    Bill, great travelogue/photos.

    Matt, maybe a 903 mini-reunion is in order since I need to get there
    sometime and Rich (on your left
    http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/fftf04/f034.jpg) wants to hit that
    area as well.

    Very interesting idea! Hopefully we can hit it right and get some mud.
    Keep me in the loop!

    Matt

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.