Resound said:> turning right off
Princes Hwy(going east) onto Warrigal Rd (going south). That often just
wasn't even remotely safe. Mind you, if there was a gap in the traffic I
grabbed it.
That intersection is a shocker most of the time. It used to be one of melbourne's busiest, particularly when the (then) Mulgrave freeway ended at Warrigal Rd. Still carries a lot.
From that approach on Dandenong rd I think the two left most lanes are also dedicated left turning lanes. Going the the other way there is also the divergence left for Nerim rd soon after the lights.
Had a nasty fall there once when my rear derallier went into the spokes, shearing itself off, but also taking out 16 spokes on the one side. Came to a rather abrupt stop, but fortunately landed on the traffic island that divides Dandenong and Nerim.
Worst exit right I ever came across was the exit to Werribee coming from melbourne. Three lanes of 100km/h traffic to get across. Only did it once on a bike. Fortunately its gone now.
RoryW