kaian said:I already own the Candy SL pedals, but have not used them yet. I have never clipped in for off-road riding, but have clipped in for road riding. I was wondering if I would benefit from using the Mallet pedals instead of the Candy pedals. Can you ride on the Candy pedals while not being clipped in?
I'm just nervous about some of the more technical areas and getting my foot down quick enough.
What's does everyone think? Are the mallets AS EASY to clip into as the Candy pedals?
thats like asking "whats better a car or a truck ?" well i dunno you tell me, what are you going to use it for, are you going to ride without your shoes ?
i use eggbeater Ti's and i can ride easy withoput being clipped in, i just slide the front of the cleat into the back wing and it sortof wedges the pedal onto my shoe.
i honestly cant see a point in that piece of slippery plastic around the candy they call a platform
then if your going to0 be riding without your normal shoes then the mallets though yes you probably will end up cutting off some of your shoes tred (same with most big platform double sided clipless pedals) and you might have to use some shims as well which is a bad thing.. since it increases the distance from the shoe sole to the pedal axle