rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Crankflip, ha ha, and a question

Started by swarbrim · · Last activity · 16 posts · 488 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
22 March 2006
Last activity
23 March 2006
Original author
swarbrim
Posts
16
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
488
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–16 of 16
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Alright firstly, YEEEEAAAA, i got crankflips.

    And in the vid you see i break my seatpost, yesterday i broke my
    seatpost as well. thats 2 in 2 days, Is there something im doing
    wrong?? Its crazy.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    😄 add me at [email hidden]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  2. Congratulations! Those looked good🙂
    Sucks about the seatpost though...

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com

    chosen said:

    wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

    James_Potter said:

    I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
    just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
    and eat it...mmmmmm


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    litldude2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6134
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  3. WOOOOO well done mike! thats awesome for what, 5 or 6 months riding? way
    to go! now learn to unispin :p

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
    Fly04066814 - 'Amanda Rules!!'
    fcwegnm0b - 'Amanda you are awesome!'
    Chosen - 'i think...i...love amanda'
    [email hidden] - add me
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  4. i wanna cry

    are flips easier than unispins for you? cuz ive got 180 unispins
    perfect but cant even get a quarter of a rotation from the cranks when
    i try to flip, im gonna start learning them again(flips)

    --
    unijesse

    I Brake for Unicyclist's
    http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com

    www.unicycletips.comformerly www.unicycle.2ya.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  5. Crankflips were alot harder for me to learn than unispins, if they are
    that frustrating that you want to cry when someone else lands one then
    you should take a break and come back to it in a couple weeks/months.

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com

    chosen said:

    wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

    James_Potter said:

    I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
    just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
    and eat it...mmmmmm


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    litldude2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6134
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  6. ive BEEN away from them for about a month and a half

    --
    unijesse

    I Brake for Unicyclist's
    http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com

    www.unicycletips.comformerly www.unicycle.2ya.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  7. Oh, then maybe you should get back into them 😉

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com

    chosen said:

    wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

    James_Potter said:

    I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
    just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
    and eat it...mmmmmm


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    litldude2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6134
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  8. im gonna but i tryed one today and it didnt spin AT ALL, how long has it
    takin you guys to learn?

    --
    unijesse

    I Brake for Unicyclist's
    http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com

    www.unicycletips.comformerly www.unicycle.2ya.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  9. yep.. all your impact goes on your seat.. try to land standing up not
    with ur butt smaking the seat so hard.. and dont push down on your
    handle alot when you land either..

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  10. Cheers Max, i think im putting weight on the handle and weight on the
    seat because im scared of landing wrong. I will try your advice.

    And yea, i can spin unispins i just cant land them, i might try tonight
    with my old nimbus trials.
    I learnt crankflips first because i thought they were the next step
    from no footers. They are not, you might be able to rolling no footer
    so fast it spins round but still.

    Mike

    p.s jesse check pm's

    --
    swarbrim

    😄 add me at [email hidden]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  11. good job!

    i landed my first half flip this arvo and once you get them they are
    surprisingly easy to do consistantly. I even landed a few down a
    gutter.

    How difficult is it to go from half to a full flip?

    Cheers,

    Max

    --
    max_pfeifer

    what do you give to the man who has everything? ...Nothing!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  12. thats a goodlooking style of flipping. you need a better camera though
    :p

    --
    obscene_suggestions

    I'm going to kill two birds with one gun
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    obscene_suggestions's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11853
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  13. max_pfeifer said:

    How difficult is it to go from half to a full flip?

    For me it was really hard, I got too used to half flips and changing my
    technique was not really fun. I was stuck doing halves for months
    before I could get the full one.

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com

    chosen said:

    wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

    James_Potter said:

    I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
    just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
    and eat it...mmmmmm


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    litldude2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6134
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  14. The cams [censored]. Ha, Max i have never learnt half flips. i always fliped
    well to fast, i am not sure why. I was so annoyed at it spinning to
    fast (i couldnt spot the cranks) i tried it up curbs. I havent tried
    hopping up curbs since i landed them i might when i get a new seatpost.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    😄 add me at [email hidden]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  15. Anyone do a crankflip on a 24?

    --
    madmattunipro

    Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving in a
    pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly declaring, "WOW what a ride!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

  16. Yea, spencer can, lildude2 he posts as. Also J.Khose

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    😄 add me at [email hidden]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47961

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.