rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Cranklength for 24" street uni?

Started by president_luke · · Last activity · 6 posts · 192 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
31 January 2006
Last activity
31 January 2006
Original author
president_luke
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
192
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey everyone. Just wondering what cranklength is good for a 24" street
    uni, I use 125's on my 20" if that helps. Also what do you think of
    these cranks for muni/street
    http://tinyurl.com/9sql7
    with a koxx hub?

    --
    president_luke
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46573

  2. What hub do you have?

    I have 165mm on my onza muni, and they feel really long for street
    riding.. Would go for 150mm if it were for free 😉

    Too bad i allready have an trial/street uni that i love 😉

    --
    lleberg

    I <3 my unicycle!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46573

  3. I wouldn't go with the flatland specific cranks, but they would probably
    work. How do you intend to get them on your hub?

    --
    koebwil

    "I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46573

  4. I use the QuAx 114s on my 24" LX and like them a lot, but I like some
    speed.

    Carey

    --
    Carey
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Carey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9910
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46573

  5. I'm going to just have my pedals welded to the top of the axles for
    optimum speed! I mean, comon, just take it to the max and get it
    overwith!😄

    --
    terrybigwheel

    Terry
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46573

  6. president_luke said:

    Hey everyone. Just wondering what cranklength is good for a 24" street
    uni, I use 125's on my 20" if that helps. Also what do you think of
    these cranks for muni/street
    http://tinyurl.com/9sql7
    with a koxx hub?

    Those cranks would work on a Koxx hub, but you could definitely find
    something that short in a different crank that will be better for
    cheaper. There you are paying for overpriced cranks, an overpriced
    bottom bracket you don't need and an overpriced dead cog you don't
    need.

    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    \"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

    \"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
    mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
    you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
    don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
    not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheObieOne3226's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46573

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.