Crash!

Tom Crispin

Guest
I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
hone their cycling skills.

I caught this crash on camera.

What happened? Who is responsible?

Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:

> I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
> hone their cycling skills.
>
> I caught this crash on camera.
>
> What happened? Who is responsible?
>
> Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

Which photos Tom?

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

On 28/11/2007 20:54, Tom Crispin said,
> I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
> hone their cycling skills.
> I caught this crash on camera.
> What happened? Who is responsible?
> Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

I think you forgot something :)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected]lid says...
> On 28/11/2007 20:54, Tom Crispin said,
> > I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
> > hone their cycling skills.
> > I caught this crash on camera.
> > What happened? Who is responsible?
> > Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

> I think you forgot something :)

Either that or as a non-binary group the attachments got stripped off.

--
Tony

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has
taken place"
George Bernard Shaw

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:17:35 GMT,
[email protected] (Ekul Namsob) wrote:

>Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
>> hone their cycling skills.
>>
>> I caught this crash on camera.
>>
>> What happened? Who is responsible?
>>
>> Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

>Which photos Tom?

Errr... These ones.

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/

[Hides with red face]

Tom Crispin wrote:
> I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
> hone their cycling skills.
>
> I caught this crash on camera.
>
> What happened? Who is responsible?

It is difficult to see. Am I right in guessing that one kid turned left
across the path of a second kid?
If that is the case, and also that they were meant to turn at that
point, then IMHO it was both their faults.
If you are training them, then you will get this sort of thing
occasionally, and them having a crash in the park, should slightly
reduce than chances of them having one on the road.

> Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

Next time take some fake blood, and drizzle some around ;-)

On Nov 28, 9:45 pm, Tom Crispin
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:17:35 GMT,
>
> [email protected] (Ekul Namsob) wrote:
> >Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
> >> hone their cycling skills.

> >> I caught this crash on camera.

> >> What happened? Who is responsible?

> >> Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

> >Which photos Tom?

> Errr... These ones.
>
> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/
>
> [Hides with red face]

Absolutely no idea. There are three pictures, one of which shows two
kids on the ground. The others are uninformative.

Maybe it is your fault as you are the member of staff in charge.
(OK, responsibility, not fault)

...d

"Tom Crispin" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> I caught this crash on camera.
>>>
>>> What happened? Who is responsible?

Girl in red top didn't know left from right?

Wrong kind of leaves on the road?

Jc

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:07:14 GMT, Martin Dann <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Tom Crispin wrote:
>> I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
>> hone their cycling skills.
>>
>> I caught this crash on camera.
>>
>> What happened? Who is responsible?

>It is difficult to see. Am I right in guessing that one kid turned left
>across the path of a second kid?

That's what I thought at first - and that's pretty much what happened,
but not in the way you think.

You may find the answer in this photo...

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/crash01a

On Nov 28, 10:35 pm, Tom Crispin
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:07:14 GMT, Martin Dann <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Tom Crispin wrote:
> >> I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
> >> hone their cycling skills.

> >> I caught this crash on camera.

> >> What happened? Who is responsible?

> >It is difficult to see. Am I right in guessing that one kid turned left
> >across the path of a second kid?

> That's what I thought at first - and that's pretty much what happened,
> but not in the way you think.
>
> You may find the answer in this photo...
>
> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/crash01a

Looks like instead of riding up the left side, turning and riding
back, some of your little darlings rode up the wrong side. Maybe one
left(right?) hooked the other, or it was a head on at the turn (one
went up the right side, turned left, the other went up the left,
turned right).

...d

Tom Crispin wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:17:35 GMT,
> [email protected] (Ekul Namsob) wrote:
>
>> Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
>>> hone their cycling skills.
>>>
>>> I caught this crash on camera.
>>>
>>> What happened? Who is responsible?
>>>
>>> Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

>> Which photos Tom?

> Errr... These ones.
>
> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/
>
> [Hides with red face]

There appears to be a guilty looking dog in the background.

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:48:33 -0800 (PST), David Martin
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Nov 28, 10:35 pm, Tom Crispin
><[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:07:14 GMT, Martin Dann <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>> >It is difficult to see. Am I right in guessing that one kid turned left
>> >across the path of a second kid?

>> That's what I thought at first - and that's pretty much what happened,
>> but not in the way you think.
>>
>> You may find the answer in this photo...
>>
>> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/crash01a

>Looks like instead of riding up the left side, turning and riding
>back, some of your little darlings rode up the wrong side. Maybe one
>left(right?) hooked the other, or it was a head on at the turn (one
>went up the right side, turned left, the other went up the left,
>turned right).

Nope.

Does this offer any further clue?

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/crash02a

On Nov 29, 7:50 am, Tom Crispin
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:48:33 -0800 (PST), David Martin
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Nov 28, 10:35 pm, Tom Crispin
> ><[email protected]> wrote:

> >> That's what I thought at first - and that's pretty much what happened,
> >> but not in the way you think.

> >> You may find the answer in this photo...

> >>www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/crash01a

> >Looks like instead of riding up the left side, turning and riding
> >back, some of your little darlings rode up the wrong side. Maybe one
> >left(right?) hooked the other, or it was a head on at the turn (one
> >went up the right side, turned left, the other went up the left,
> >turned right).

> Nope.
>
> Does this offer any further clue?
>
> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/crash02a- Hide quoted text -

Flared trouser caught on crank or in the chain?

--
Dave

On Nov 28, 10:35 pm, Tom Crispin
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:07:14 GMT, Martin Dann <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Tom Crispin wrote:
> >> I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
> >> hone their cycling skills.

> >> I caught this crash on camera.

> >> What happened? Who is responsible?

> >It is difficult to see. Am I right in guessing that one kid turned left
> >across the path of a second kid?

> That's what I thought at first - and that's pretty much what happened,
> but not in the way you think.
>
> You may find the answer in this photo...

damn those pavement cyclists

best wishes
james

On 29 Nov, 11:30, Esra Sdrawkcab <[email protected]> wrote:
> POHB wrote:
> >> Flared trouser caught on crank or in the chain?

> > Squirrel assault?

> I believe there's a video of such a thing
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNpEqvOR_YQ

You saps, you just swallow the government lies like good little cannon
fodder, you can clearly see a puf of smoke from the grassy know and
the girl falls FORWARDS rather than back as you'd expect from a normal
collision!

Tom Crispin wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:48:33 -0800 (PST), David Martin
>
>> Looks like instead of riding up the left side, turning and riding
>> back, some of your little darlings rode up the wrong side. Maybe one
>> left(right?) hooked the other, or it was a head on at the turn (one
>> went up the right side, turned left, the other went up the left,
>> turned right).

> Nope.
>
> Does this offer any further clue?
>
> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/crash02a

Did "someone" suggest that your kiddies move out of the way of the guy
with the altura jacket on, at which point they all made a mad dash to
the right.

It would be a lot easier if they all had numbers on their backs :p

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:37:46 -0800 (PST), [email protected]
wrote:

>Flared trouser caught on crank or in the chain?

No.

Even with the youngsters I teach them to do the:
A (air in tyres)
B (brakes working)
C (chain running smoothly)
D (danglers, including trousers, tucked away)
check before getting on their bikes.