criticise my training plan for the next year!

normZurawski said:
What do people who have 2 mountain bikes, a road bike, and a trainer bike do? Do they actually buy 4 power meters?
Actually, the options have just changed significantly. Up until now, if you had a PT system, you needed a receiver and crank pickup on each bike. You could switch the computer from bike to bike, but you would need almost a complete system for each bike and one hub for each wheel (road and MTB).

Now, with the availability of the PT SL2.4 (wireless from the hub to the computer and a wireless cadence transmitter), you would need a PT hub for each wheel and one cadence transmitter for each bike (although one could probably figure out a quick release attachment system to move it easily from bike to bike). So, for the bikes you described above, that would be one road hub and one MTB hub, a wireless cadence pickup for each bike and one computer. Of course, you can have virtual cadence from the PT hub and Saris claims that the SL2.4 has an improved virtual cadence (I'll know soon because my friend is getting one of the first ones off the production line), so you might be able to do with just the two hubs and one computer. I don't know the pricing of the hub only, but this will be still a lot less (e.g., $1K) than one SRM Pro. And, I'm guessing that with the experience curve to date with moisture problems that this version of the PT hub will be pretty tight.