Road Cycling · Public discussion

Cross Nats picks

Started by Bill C · · Last activity · 26 posts · 831 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
6 December 2005
Last activity
9 December 2005
Original author
Bill C
Posts
26
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
831
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–26 of 26
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Scott said:
    Bret said:
    Bill C said:

    Elite men: I think the weather is good so Page wins with Mark and Tim
    close behind.

    Bill, why would a Page win depend on good weather? Page seems to me to
    be at his best in the muck. I'm basing that opinion on his recent
    strong ride at Vlaamse Duinenveldrit (I saw the video) and his strong
    ride at the Napa Natz which I saw in person.

    Bret

    Good, as in cross good, not normal people good.

    I hadn't thought of it that way. I prefer my cross races dry. The
    weather forecast is pretty ambiguous. Less than 50% chance of snow
    Thursday and Friday, then clear on Saturday and Sunday.

    http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?CityName=Providence&state=RI&site=BOX

  2. Bill C said:

    I think Page is the heavy favorite, but I think that Tim Johnson is
    even better than he is in the real slop, not by much but enough to make
    it real close. Mark isn't quite as good in that kind of stuff, though
    he did a hell of a job this weekend.
    In good conditions I think it's a shootout between Page, Mark, and
    Ryan.
    In the slop I'd say Page, Tim, and Mark.
    That said, the worst of their skills are better than 99% of us will
    ever be.

    Thanks for the explanation. I don't doubt that you're right about
    Johnson, but it didn't work for him that day in Napa:

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2002/dec02/cxnats/wade/napa_10
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2002/dec02/cxnats/wade/napa_11

    Bret

  3. "Bill C" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Yeah JP is, isn't he. Damn. That just seems so weird, seeing the kids
    turning into collegiates and elites. How the hell does that happen when
    we aren't getting any older? Wonder when they catch up to us?
    Bill C

    10 years ago, I used to tease JP because he looked like this guy:

    http://www.sgbenchrest.com/Eickoff.JPG

    It's not the best pic, but how does JP look in comparision now?

    The guy in the picture is George Eickoff, Janie Eickoff-Quigley's dad.

    Great guy.

  4. Carl Sundquist said:

    "Bill C" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Yeah JP is, isn't he. Damn. That just seems so weird, seeing the kids
    turning into collegiates and elites. How the hell does that happen when
    we aren't getting any older? Wonder when they catch up to us?
    Bill C

    10 years ago, I used to tease JP because he looked like this guy:

    http://www.sgbenchrest.com/Eickoff.JPG

    It's not the best pic, but how does JP look in comparision now?

    The guy in the picture is George Eickoff, Janie Eickoff-Quigley's dad.

    Great guy.

    He is alot muddier.

    j

  5. alan_atwood said:

    Elite Men: Jon Page. He's peaking at the right time
    Elite Women: Barbara Howe. Katie Compton's not going to sneak by
    anyone anymore.
    U23: Jesse -- 'nugh said. (Bill: JP's an elite now)
    17-18: Bjorn Selander in a repeat.
    Liberty Cup: Tim Johnson.
    Master Men 55: Dave Rath (buddy bias!!)
    Master Women 30: Mo Bruno-Roy. No Kerlin to take revenge on though;
    where's the fun in that?

    Alan

    http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/hourbyhour/US0074:13?begHour=6&begDay=343

  6. gym.gravity said:
    alan_atwood said:

    Elite Men: Jon Page. He's peaking at the right time
    Elite Women: Barbara Howe. Katie Compton's not going to sneak by
    anyone anymore.
    U23: Jesse -- 'nugh said. (Bill: JP's an elite now)
    17-18: Bjorn Selander in a repeat.
    Liberty Cup: Tim Johnson.
    Master Men 55: Dave Rath (buddy bias!!)
    Master Women 30: Mo Bruno-Roy. No Kerlin to take revenge on though;
    where's the fun in that?

    Alan

    http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/hourbyhour/US0074:13?begHour=6&begDay=343

    Yep mother nature has come through to give things a New England
    flavor. I've got a 100 mile drive so we're debating whether to go
    before the storm gets too bad, or clean up the mess here at home first.
    Out here it's powder though and no rain in the forecast so it's no big
    deal but sure looks like the Masters and collegiates are in for some
    fun.
    Bill C

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.