Road Cycling · Public discussion

Crossin Big Roandabouts, Like cheese

Started by loly222 · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,290 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
23 August 2013
Last activity
25 August 2013
Original author
loly222
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,290
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi guys, I have not defected, but just to get the feel of the road without all the respect of riding a bent, and to spread awareness about the nearly non-existent vehicular cycling using a cheap bike, just to say it is possible to use bikes on big roads vehicularly.. I focused on this video on showing how to deal with bad driving behaviors also, patience, signaling, exiting,

    Place in Dammam, Saudi Arabia

    Also, to show differences, I cycled 4 rounds in 15 min using NON vehicular practices, and 16 times using Vehicular principles in 20 minutes. The last 3 minutes is a speeded back view of my bike through the Roundabout for 16 Times!

    The video has translations (Click on CC , then choose English ) , I hope the spell check worked!

    It took me 2 hours to film with 3 cameras my nephew, and so many days and hours to build this video. I am not amazed by the outcome, but it needs to go out! I should seek production assistance next time!

  2. That's insane.

  3. I have a few small roundabouts that I go through and taking the lane is the best option. Nice work.

    If you are ever in Minnesota, let me know. I can show you a lot less stressful riding conditions: 100's of miles of bike paths, bike lanes, wide shoulders, rural roads and courteous drivers.

    Stay safe.

  4. first of all congratulations for a nice production; very well filmed, edited and put together i have to say that i have seen worse situations, even more dangerous crossings, etc i agree about riding as a car, in the middle of the street, is safer in those kinds of crossings and roundabouts, a quick glimpse back over your shoulder is advisable too, as we discussed in another thread about how to look back without losing your lane and control of the bike, as pro riders do, so thanks again for your nice contribution,

  5. Great video, Loly222, and thank you for sharing.

    Living in Boston I used to deal with roundabouts, or rotaries, as we called them. My rule was, take as much lane as needed so as not to get forced aside, shoot for a gap, hold a position as far to the left as necessary to not get forced out, and move to the right on approaching the exit. And signal, make a lot of eye contact, and act like you know what you're doing.

    Boston drivers were generally more courteous and accustomed to seeing bicyclists on busy streets.

  6. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by oldbobcat [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    Great video, Loly222, and thank you for sharing.

    Living in Boston I used to deal with roundabouts, or rotaries, as we called them. My rule was, take as much lane as needed so as not to get forced aside, shoot for a gap, hold a position as far to the left as necessary to not get forced out, and move to the right on approaching the exit. And signal, make a lot of eye contact, and act like you know what you're doing.

    Boston drivers were generally more courteous and accustomed to seeing bicyclists on busy streets.

    very excellent and that's what we call it road cycling 🙂 ...
    keep going my friend

    Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by vspa [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    first of all congratulations for a nice production; very well filmed, edited and put together
    i have to say that i have seen worse situations, even more dangerous crossings, etc
    i agree about riding as a car, in the middle of the street, is safer in those kinds of crossings and roundabouts,
    a quick glimpse back over your shoulder is advisable too, as we discussed in another thread about how to look back without losing your lane and control of the bike, as pro riders do,
    so thanks again for your nice contribution,

    thank you for your compliment ...
    and about not losing your lane we made a video that help you to learn how
    when you with a group using Signals by hand you can see this video

    Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by maydog [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    I have a few small roundabouts that I go through and taking the lane is the best option. Nice work.

    If you are ever in Minnesota, let me know. I can show you a lot less stressful riding conditions: 100's of miles of bike paths, bike lanes, wide shoulders, rural roads and courteous drivers.

    Stay safe.


    will sure why not ... hope to see you in future

    Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    That's insane.

    YES it is ,,, but this is the right way 🙂

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.