-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
In article <[email hidden]>,
Jerry said:Hi,
I'm looking for recomendations for some bad weather tires (700c), for
wet, sanday, crud filled roads for use in the winter and spring. I'm
looking for good grip in these conditions, puncture resistance, good
wear and reasonable price. I'm also interested in what width people
recommend (they'd be going on a cyclocross bike, so it can take some
wide tires, I'm thinking 28c should do well)
_ I like Avocet Cross II's, they come in marked widths 28 32 35 38
although in my experience that means 26 30 32 35 on the wheels.
They roll pretty well on the pavement and do much better in the
dirt than you would expect. The relatively thick tread provides
flat resistance and you can get them with kevlar if you wish.
_ Panaracer Pasela's are also often recommended, but I have no
experience with them.
_ Booker C. Bense
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.6.2
iQCVAwUBQpNzTGTWTAjn5N/lAQGoLgP/TZ0pkOZhehTswPeetePraOvHQtOie0w4
QOBykewiBg8jIKlN7S0LN/e3FI1I2Zgfp2jZDXOaAl0MIfNOWyPsK+6c1RA4sZcE
9BU0waRVaWZKJEzsVDldhgfoewX3wovfu4DcCowzL52gw/cpyv686txKZKNiX97t
VLfm0LdsQx4=
=mmUT
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----