General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

cucumbers/dill pickles

Started by MJ · · Last activity · 35 posts · 1,084 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 September 2005
Last activity
26 September 2005
Original author
MJ
Posts
35
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,084
Views / 30 days
23

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–35 of 35
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Peter Aitken said:

    "Stan Horwitz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "Gregory Morrow"

    Quoted message said:

    OH! This week my local Treasure Island soopermart here in Chicawgo has
    Heinz ketchup for $.79/bottle. This is the cheapest I've seen it some
    time,
    I bought a lot so I'll be stocked for the winter. You can NEVER have too
    much ketchup stocked away ;-)

    Hah! I couldn't agree more, but that's hardly a news flash! 🙂

    A bottle of ketchup lasts the 2 of us about 6 months. I put it on burgers,
    fried potatoes, and sometimes add horseradish to make cocktail sauce. An
    occasional Thai or Chinese recipe calls for a couple of TB, and once in a
    while I use it as an ingredient in BBQ sauce. My wife also puts it on eggs
    (may god forgive her). I cannot imagine what people use it for to go through
    so much.

    Just off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with chicken, beef, burgers,
    eggs, turkey, and potatoes.

  2. Stan said:

    Just off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with chicken, beef, burgers,
    eggs, turkey, and potatoes.

    Off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with burgers, cheese steak sandwiches,
    meat loaf, fried potatoes, eggs (but only if I'm *also* having potatoes or
    grits, for some reason), fried-egg sandwiches, hot dogs, grilled cheese
    sandwiches, and onion rings.

    I use ketchup to make salad dressings, barbecue sauce, cocktail sauce, Asian
    dipping sauces, a quick-and-dirty version of pad thai, meat loaf, and steak
    tartare. Sometimes I'll use ketchup as part of a stir-fry or a soup.

    (Even so, it takes me a couple months to go through one of those big squeeze
    bottles.)

    Bob

  3. Bob Terwilliger said:
    Stan said:

    Just off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with chicken, beef, burgers,
    eggs, turkey, and potatoes.

    Off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with burgers, cheese steak


    sandwiches,

    Quoted message said:

    meat loaf, fried potatoes, eggs (but only if I'm *also* having potatoes or
    grits, for some reason), fried-egg sandwiches, hot dogs, grilled cheese
    sandwiches, and onion rings.

    And pizza!

    --
    Best
    Greg

  4. Bob Terwilliger said:

    Off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with burgers, cheese steak
    sandwiches,

    For shame! I was taught a great cheesesteak doesn't need ketchup! OK to
    rescue a dry one.

    I put ketchup on burgers, every so often on hotdogs, as part of meatloaf
    toping and in a sweet and sour sauce recipe.

    Andy

  5. Gregory Morrow said:


    Bob Terwilliger said:
    Stan said:

    Just off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with chicken, beef, burgers,
    eggs, turkey, and potatoes.

    Off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with burgers, cheese steak


    sandwiches,

    Quoted message said:

    meat loaf, fried potatoes, eggs (but only if I'm *also* having potatoes or
    grits, for some reason), fried-egg sandwiches, hot dogs, grilled cheese
    sandwiches, and onion rings.

    I would never eat ketchup off the top of my head......

    <rj>

  6. MJ said:

    The only other suggestion I have is to never ever

    Quoted message said:

    again write "alot", it's not a word... makes you appear dumber than a
    pile of [censored].

    I appologize(,) I never realized this was an English class!

    Um, you omitted a comma.

    No appology necessary, a simple "Thank you" would have been sufficient.

    Sheldon

  7. "<RJ>" <[email hidden]> wrote in message >>

    Quoted message said:


    I would never eat ketchup off the top of my head......

    <rj>

    Many of us with the advantage of receding hairlines can.

  8. RJ said:
    Gregory Morrow said:
    Bob Terwilliger said:

    Stan wrote:

    > Just off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with chicken, beef, burgers,
    > eggs, turkey, and potatoes.

    Off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with burgers, cheese steak


    sandwiches,

    Quoted message said:

    meat loaf, fried potatoes, eggs (but only if I'm *also* having potatoes or
    grits, for some reason), fried-egg sandwiches, hot dogs, grilled cheese
    sandwiches, and onion rings.

    I would never eat ketchup off the top of my head......

    Um, which head?

    Sheldon

  9. "Andy" <q> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Bob Terwilliger said:

    Off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with burgers, cheese steak
    sandwiches,

    For shame! I was taught a great cheesesteak doesn't need ketchup! OK to
    rescue a dry one.

    I put ketchup on burgers, every so often on hotdogs, as part of meatloaf
    toping and in a sweet and sour sauce recipe.

    Andy

    Dirty Harry had something to say about a particular condiment combination.

    Harry : "Nah this stuff isn't getting to me, the shootings, the knifings, the beatings. Old ladies being bashed in the head for their social security checks. Teacher's being thrown out of a 4th floor window because they don't give A's. That doesn't bother me a bit!"
    Man : "C'mon Harry, take it easy."
    Harry : "Or this job either. Having to wade through the scum of this city. Being swept away by bigger and bigger waves of corruption, apathy and red tape. Nah that doesn't bother me. But you know what does bother me?"
    Man : "What?"
    Harry : "You know what makes me really sick to my stomach?"
    Man : "What?"
    Harry : "It's watching you stuff your face with those hotdogs! Nobody--I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!"

    For those of you who may have missed this masterpiece of American film, the offending cop was investigating a crime scene where the victim was shot and killed. One bullet to the head, and the other to the "hot dog." That scene might keep me from ever putting ketchup on a hot dog..

    Pablo

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,

    pablo said:

    "Andy" <q> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Bob Terwilliger said:

    Off the top of my head, I eat ketchup with burgers, cheese steak
    sandwiches,

    For shame! I was taught a great cheesesteak doesn't need ketchup! OK to
    rescue a dry one.

    I put ketchup on burgers, every so often on hotdogs, as part of meatloaf
    toping and in a sweet and sour sauce recipe.

    Andy

    Dirty Harry had something to say about a particular condiment combination.

    Harry : "Nah this stuff isn't getting to me, the shootings, the knifings, the
    beatings. Old ladies being bashed in the head for their social security
    checks. Teacher's being thrown out of a 4th floor window because they don't
    give A's. That doesn't bother me a bit!"
    Man : "C'mon Harry, take it easy."
    Harry : "Or this job either. Having to wade through the scum of this city.
    Being swept away by bigger and bigger waves of corruption, apathy and red
    tape. Nah that doesn't bother me. But you know what does bother me?"
    Man : "What?"
    Harry : "You know what makes me really sick to my stomach?"
    Man : "What?"
    Harry : "It's watching you stuff your face with those hotdogs! Nobody--I mean
    nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!"

    For those of you who may have missed this masterpiece of American film, the
    offending cop was investigating a crime scene where the victim was shot and
    killed. One bullet to the head, and the other to the "hot dog." That scene
    might keep me from ever putting ketchup on a hot dog..

    If Dirty Harry had any sense, he would get into another line of work,
    but that would have made for a dull movie! I will eat a hot dog with
    ketchup today in honor of Dirty Harry!

  11. pablo said:

    Dirty Harry had something to say about a particular condiment combination.


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    Harry : "It's watching you stuff your face with those hotdogs! Nobody--I
    mean nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!"

    When I mentioned that I put ketchup on hot dogs, I actually thought about
    that scene! But in truth, LOTS of people put ketchup on hot dogs. I am but
    one of millions.

    Bob

  12. Bob Terwilliger wrote:

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    When I mentioned that I put ketchup on hot dogs, I actually thought about
    that scene! But in truth, LOTS of people put ketchup on hot dogs. I am but
    one of millions.

    Maybe you have seen the long thread about ketchup on hot dogs on
    Chowhound?

  13. pablo said:

    Harry : "It's watching you stuff your face with those hotdogs! Nobody--I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!"

    Gotta love my man Inspector Callahan. Go HARRY!

    Quoted message said:

    For those of you who may have missed this masterpiece of American film, the offending cop was investigating a >crime scene where the victim was shot and killed. One bullet to the head, and the other to the "hot dog." That >scene might keep me from ever putting ketchup on a hot dog..

    Ketchup and hot dogs, once in the third blue moon of the week (aka very rarely)
    I will put ketchup on my hot dogs.

    Prefer to have:

    1) Mustard even plain yellow mustard but a good spice brown mustard is my choice
    2) Onions - just diced up or if available caramelized onions
    3) Chili or hot dog sauce of some sort
    4) If I have chili then I need crumbled cheddar cheese.

    Relish is in the same category as ketchup if the stars and moons are aligned
    just right.

    That red I imagine ketchup based Sabarrett onion sauce is not bad. I prefer
    chili but its not bad.

    Those Chicago dogs walked "thru a garden" PASS. I tell this guy I know who runs
    a chicago style eatery, NO GOOP on my dog. Goop is my term for all that extra
    stuff on there.

    ----
    Support your LOCAL scanner frequency site and groups!
    http://www.wpascanner.com http://www.tampascanner.info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.gulfcoastdish.net

    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

  14. "Stan Horwitz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:stan-> If Dirty Harry
    had any sense, he would get into another line of work,

    Quoted message said:

    but that would have made for a dull movie! I will eat a hot dog with
    ketchup today in honor of Dirty Harry!


    *
    I think Harry retired. Mr. Eastwood seems to be shying away from projects
    filled with gratuitous violence. Although he *could* resurrect the
    Callahan character as a senile senior citizen who goes becomes a ketchup
    vigilante...

    Pablo

  15. On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:19:04 -0400, [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    Those Chicago dogs walked "thru a garden" PASS. I tell this guy I know who runs
    a chicago style eatery, NO GOOP on my dog. Goop is my term for all that extra
    stuff on there.

    I met someone today who puts ketchup on pupusas. He has a loving
    family, but even they are grossed out by it.

    http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/8350/recipe.html

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.