General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

curious - most weight lost

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 53 posts · 1,653 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
24 August 2005
Last activity
8 September 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
53
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,653
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–53 of 53
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    You may just have to wait another year until he is in school. :-)

    Cheers!

    I hate to think I may have to wait another year to join a health club,
    but I guess you're probably right. I've been checking those links
    about the exercises that I was given, and am going to add those to my
    daily regimen as soon as my doc clears up this nasty problem I'm
    having. Hopefully today. Then I can heal up and exercise without pain.
    Yay!

    Nicole

  2. Roger Zoul said:
    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} said:

    Ok... you wanted it, you've got it. *shudder*
    http://webpages.charter.net/brinic/b4.jpg

    Wow. Amazing transformation, Nicole.

    Thank you... and you, too, Cubit. I saw your comment, too. I *do* look
    like a different person. People I haven't seen don't recognize me.
    Some I "re-introduce" myself to. Others I don't 😉

    Nicole

  3. JJ said:
    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} said:


    Ok... you wanted it, you've got it. *shudder*
    http://webpages.charter.net/brinic/b4.jpg

    Truly impressive Nicole, very good job. Your family must be
    proud of you.

    Thanks JJ. Most of them are. Unfortunately, the one I'd like a "good
    job" from hasn't said much... and that's my husband 🙁

    But *I* am proud of me and *I* feel good and that's what ultimately
    matters, right?

    Nicole

  4. Saffire said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok... pics uploaded...
    http://webpages.charter.net/brinic/one.jpg
    http://webpages.charter.net/brinic/two.jpg

    I think you look GREAT, Nicole!

    Thank you Saffire 🙂

    Nicole

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    You may just have to wait another year until he is in school. :-)

    Cheers!

    I hate to think I may have to wait another year to join a health club,
    but I guess you're probably right.

    Your baby boy is only going to be 4 once. :-)
    Perspective is everything IMHO?

    Quoted message said:

    I've been checking those links
    about the exercises that I was given, and am going to add those to my
    daily regimen as soon as my doc clears up this nasty problem I'm
    having.

    What problem?
    If he does not clear you right away, you might be able to work around
    it. :-)

    Quoted message said:

    Hopefully today. Then I can heal up and exercise without pain.
    Yay!

    No pain is good...
    Blessings!

    Quoted message said:


    Nicole

    Keep us posted!
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  6. Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} said:


    Ugh... it's not something I planned. I wanted to lose this last weight
    much slower, and it's weird. All of a sudden my carbs are up and my
    weight is shooting down. I don't get it.

    This shouldn't be surprising at all. It is the core idea
    of Atkins that every person has a custom tuned level that
    gives the best loss and that it usually isn't at the
    initial 20. This idea gets the acronym CCLL. It is
    obvious that less carbs should always give more loss but
    obvious does NOT equal true. Sometimes the truth is
    quite different from the obvious.

    Quoted message said:

    It may be that over the past
    month I've gone off an anti-depressant I've been on for a LONG time...
    perhaps it was one that slowed loss?

    Now you have changed 2 variables so you don't know
    which one to credit. You *want* to credit that
    change in meds. Is that because you resist the core
    idea of Atkins that there is an ideal level for loss?
    Don't rush to credit the meds. I've gotten lots of
    resistance over the years and I've also got lots of
    kudos from the folks who tried what I suggest (and
    I suggest what the Aktins process is, all 4 phases
    of it).

    Quoted message said:

    Either way, I'm upping 10 grams
    per week according to the pre-maintenance plan on Atkins. Just
    basically adding veggies I haven't had in a long time... and some
    fruit.

    That sounds like what my OWL was. My CCLL is 50
    total so I lose better at 50 total than at either
    40 or 60 total. At 40 my big difference is less
    variety; at 60 I'm out of ketosis.

    Quoted message said:

    I'm concerned that I'm not leveling quick enough to stop when I
    hit my goal weight. My doc does not want me under 130 under ANY
    circumstances. That gives me 7 pounds of play under my goal weight,
    but it still makes me nervous.

    If your goal weight is your ideal weight, then there
    is nothing to worry about. The Atkins Nutritional
    Approach tends to push people towards their ideal
    weight. Folks well under tend to slowly gain if they
    do the entire process. A very small number keep
    dropping below their goal.

    You are doing great.

  7. Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} said:
    JJ said:
    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} said:


    Ok... you wanted it, you've got it. *shudder*
    http://webpages.charter.net/brinic/b4.jpg

    Truly impressive Nicole, very good job. Your family must
    be
    proud of you.

    Thanks JJ. Most of them are. Unfortunately, the one I'd
    like a "good
    job" from hasn't said much... and that's my husband 🙁

    But *I* am proud of me and *I* feel good and that's what
    ultimately
    matters, right?

    Nicole

    Well, husbands can be schmucks at times. (I'm glad I don't
    have one :-)

    Seriously, not knowing your or your husband I could only
    offer unfounded conjecture on why you aren't getting what
    you'd like from him in terms of recognition of your
    progress. I have lots of ideas but they remain pure
    conjecture nonetheless.

    Out of curiosity, have you asked your husband what he
    thinks?

    --
    JJ.
    275/180/180 - as of February 18, 2005 (adjusted target
    weight)
    Atkins since Sep 1, 2003
    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jjsmythe/my_photos
    1, 2, 3...98, 99, 100. Done!

  8. Unfortunately, some of our big loosers are no longer posting here. Dr
    Bill, K in Cali, Turkeylady, GrizzlyJake, Myra. I haven't seen any of
    them here. My biggest loss was about 180, but I don't brag because I
    regained about 60 back and have to work it back off.

    Serena

  9. "Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin}" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    You may just have to wait another year until he is in school. :-)

    Cheers!

    I hate to think I may have to wait another year to join a health club,
    but I guess you're probably right. I've been checking those links
    about the exercises that I was given, and am going to add those to my
    daily regimen as soon as my doc clears up this nasty problem I'm
    having. Hopefully today. Then I can heal up and exercise without pain.
    Yay!

    Nicole


    Some of the health clubs have a day care room - if it is only an hour or so
    at a time - it shouldn't be too bad.

    Quoted message said:
  10. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    You may just have to wait another year until he is in school. :-)

    Cheers!

    I hate to think I may have to wait another year to join a health club,
    but I guess you're probably right.

    Your baby boy is only going to be 4 once. :-)
    Perspective is everything IMHO?

    Quoted message said:

    I've been checking those links
    about the exercises that I was given, and am going to add those to my
    daily regimen as soon as my doc clears up this nasty problem I'm
    having.

    What problem?
    If he does not clear you right away, you might be able to work around
    it. :-)

    I've begun treadmilling again, and doing arm exercises, although my
    speed is a bit slower right now. The um... problem... is something
    kind of personal that I don't want to post here, but it's slowly
    getting better.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Hopefully today. Then I can heal up and exercise without pain.
    Yay!

    No pain is good...
    Blessings!

    Quoted message said:


    Nicole

    Keep us posted!

  11. JJ said:
    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} said:
    JJ said:

    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} wrote:
    >
    > Ok... you wanted it, you've got it. *shudder*
    > http://webpages.charter.net/brinic/b4.jpg
    >

    Truly impressive Nicole, very good job. Your family must
    be
    proud of you.

    Thanks JJ. Most of them are. Unfortunately, the one I'd
    like a "good
    job" from hasn't said much... and that's my husband 🙁

    But *I* am proud of me and *I* feel good and that's what
    ultimately
    matters, right?

    Nicole

    Well, husbands can be schmucks at times. (I'm glad I don't
    have one :-)

    LOL! Good thing 🙂

    Quoted message said:


    Seriously, not knowing your or your husband I could only
    offer unfounded conjecture on why you aren't getting what
    you'd like from him in terms of recognition of your
    progress. I have lots of ideas but they remain pure
    conjecture nonetheless.

    Out of curiosity, have you asked your husband what he
    thinks?

    Yep... all I get is "you look nice". So I give up!

    Sorry about the slow replies.

    Nicole
    290.5/143/137 monthly-goal: 4 month-start: 147.5 since: 19/04/2004
    Up 2 1/2. Ugh. Exercise is good!!!!

  12. On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:57:03 GMT, "The Operator" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin}" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    You may just have to wait another year until he is in school. :-)

    Cheers!

    I hate to think I may have to wait another year to join a health club,
    but I guess you're probably right. I've been checking those links
    about the exercises that I was given, and am going to add those to my
    daily regimen as soon as my doc clears up this nasty problem I'm
    having. Hopefully today. Then I can heal up and exercise without pain.
    Yay!

    Nicole


    Some of the health clubs have a day care room - if it is only an hour or so
    at a time - it shouldn't be too bad.

    T.Y. for the suggestion.

    Nicole

  13. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} said:

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:56:16 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >You may just have to wait another year until he is in school. :-)
    >
    >Cheers!

    I hate to think I may have to wait another year to join a health club,
    but I guess you're probably right.

    Your baby boy is only going to be 4 once. :-)
    Perspective is everything IMHO?

    Quoted message said:

    I've been checking those links
    about the exercises that I was given, and am going to add those to my
    daily regimen as soon as my doc clears up this nasty problem I'm
    having.

    What problem?
    If he does not clear you right away, you might be able to work around
    it. :-)

    I've begun treadmilling again, and doing arm exercises, although my
    speed is a bit slower right now. The um... problem... is something
    kind of personal that I don't want to post here, but it's slowly
    getting better.

    Thats cool.
    Sounds to me like "patience" is the key here.
    You have time... all you need!
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.