Custom Haluzak Reduced

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Scott, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    I'm selling my beloved custom Haluzak. If I could afford to keep it, I would, but I want to
    experiment with a different type of bike and can't afford two. So you get to bid on a fantastic bike
    with lots of extras!

    Haluzak bikes are some of the best handling short wheel base recumbents made. This bike is special
    among Haluzaks.

    This bike comes with

    Dual cable disk brakes (very rare!) Rear Blackburn rack w/custom mounts Amp Research suspension fork
    Computer mount Mirror with Minora mount Special Thorn 155mm cranks (24/39/52) Swanson Shell seat
    with custom mounts, brace, skewers, seat foam Original Shimano 105 175mm cranks and bottom bracket
    Zzipper fairing and mounts Titanium Speedplay "Frog" pedals Velocity "Arrowheat" rims New, a bike
    like this would cost over $3,000!

    This is a very smooth-riding bike. The rear chain stays flex to absorb road shock, and the front
    fork does the rest. You can experiment with a European-style shell seat or go w/the original. You
    get all the hardware for a complete change over. The lexan fairing is a bit scratched and has one
    un-patched crack. It works fine but is not in great condition. The paint is good but can scratch
    with sliding in and out of the boom for adjustment, so be careful moving it back. I'm 6'4",and the
    boom is WAY out. Just move it in gently until you have it just right, and the paint will be
    unblemished. I live in the mountains of sourthern California near Bakersfield. I would be happy to
    help deliver it within a pretty wide radius (a two hour drive or so), perhaps meet halfway. If
    shipping, the buyer pays. We could also work through the "Bicycle Exchange" service of People Movers
    in southern California. Let's talk.

    I need to get my next bike ordered, so I'm lowering the price to $1850
    w/shell seat and $1650 without. Such a deal! You can see the bike at--

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623333881&category=7298

    You can bid or call/email me and we'll see if we can work something out.

    Thanks one and all.

    Scott 661--823--1832

    Tags:

  2. Hi Scott.

    It looks like you might not be waiting long enough for the bike sale. When I recently sold my
    haluzak on EBAY, I had the auction going for 10 days. I did not receive any bids during the first 9
    days. Then on the last day, 8 bids came in, including 3 above my reserve price.

    I lot of people wait for the last minute before bidding.

    cheers.

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Joao de Souza <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Scott.
    >
    > It looks like you might not be waiting long enough for the bike sale. When I recently sold my
    > haluzak on EBAY, I had the auction going for 10 days. I did not receive any bids during the first
    > 9 days. Then on the last day, 8 bids came in, including 3 above my reserve price.
    >
    > I lot of people wait for the last minute before bidding.
    >
    > cheers.

    Thanks for the the encouragement. I know you're right. Next time I'll just go for the 7 day auction.

    Scott

  4. Scott

    Scott Guest

    The bike has been sold.