Cycle tourists in Romania

Peter B

Guest
If anyone on the group is, or knows, the male and female laden down cyclists
I saw in Sighisoara last Sunday (11th) I have a low res jpg of you if you
send me your e-mail address.

Rgds,
Pete.

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:37:32 +0000 (UTC), in
<[email protected]>, "Peter B"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>If anyone on the group is, or knows, the male and female laden down cyclists
>I saw in Sighisoara last Sunday (11th) I have a low res jpg of you if you
>send me your e-mail address.

It's not me but it might be in 2006! I'll be cycling from Birmingham
Children's Hospital to Brasov Children's Hospital [1].

Love and hugs from Rich.

[1] I think the apostrophe should go after the letter "S". But it
doesn't.

--
I remember when the internet was only in black & white.
It only had a few pages but at least they all worked.

Richard Bates wrote:
> Children's Hospital to Brasov Children's Hospital [1].
>
> [1] I think the apostrophe should go after the letter "S". But
> it doesn't.

It's right. s' is for when the plural is formed with -s. This one is
formed with -ren. So 's at the end is fine if you want the possessive.

Colin McKenzie

--
The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that
it leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!

In news:[email protected],
Richard Bates <[email protected]> typed:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:37:32 +0000 (UTC), in
> <[email protected]>, "Peter B"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> If anyone on the group is, or knows, the male and female laden down
>> cyclists I saw in Sighisoara last Sunday (11th) I have a low res jpg
>> of you if you send me your e-mail address.

> It's not me but it might be in 2006! I'll be cycling from Birmingham
> Children's Hospital to Brasov Children's Hospital [1].
>
> Love and hugs from Rich.
>
> [1] I think the apostrophe should go after the letter "S". But it
> doesn't.

Surely it should go underneath the s in Brasov :). You need it before the
/s/ because the /'s/ is marking the possessive, instead of in the case of
normal plurals where the final /s/ after the apostrophe is dropped because
you've already had one /s/ sound.

I'd love a trip to Romania in the next year or two, as well. Does anyone
know if there's good mountain biking trails in the hills? My guess is that
the roads would do, but they may have got tarmacced in the 10 years since I
was there.

"Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > I'd love a trip to Romania in the next year or two, as well. Does anyone

> know if there's good mountain biking trails in the hills? My guess is that
> the roads would do, but they may have got tarmacced in the 10 years since

> was there.

I half-heartedly enquired about mtbing, saw a few strapped to cars, but
wasn't able to get an idea. When I enquired about walking access to the
hills the concensus was that there were few limitations but what the
official line is I don't know.

Certainly the road from Bucharest to Sighisoara is tarmacced, and the roads
have been, and still are being, upgraded with EU money to help with the
possible future acceptance of Romania into the EU.
Talking to someone who was last there in the late eighties gave the
impression things have moved on so much so that we may have been describing
different countries.
One thing is for sure, prices are silly-billy low, services first rate and
the people I dealt with extremely helpful and pleasant (I think that was
three things but you know what I mean).
The roads and driving standards are, let's say, different ;-)

Rgds,
Pete.