Cycling across Russia, a new road

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Mike Vermeulen, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. I am in early stages of dreaming and scheming for another long cycle
    tour (~2007). Cycling across Asia is always intriuging, though the
    combination of world political situations, visa restrictions and
    corruption/banditry seems to keep shifting possible/best routes. Just
    noticed news reports of a new road link (not yet paved) connecting the
    Russian Far East:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040227/ap_on_re_eu/russia_new_road_4

    If anyone sees additional info about cycling along this new road, I am curious. Mark Jenkins account
    of cycling across Russia (book title is Off the Map) made for a challenging tale, perhaps this will
    open some other possibilities...

    --mev, Mike Vermeulen

    Tags:

  2. On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:27:13 -0700 in rec.bicycles.rides, Mike
    Vermeulen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > If anyone sees additional info about cycling along this new road, I am curious. Mark Jenkins
    > account of cycling across Russia (book title is Off the Map) made for a challenging tale, perhaps
    > this will open some other possibilities...

    i just hope that you post your trip on your web site afterward --- your alaskan stuff was great, and
    i live here.