cycling behind a car - speedtraining

Originally Posted by pepopape .

heyy

I just saw an extremely cool vid on youtube but my question is: is this real?

It sure looks like he's doing 90-100kph for a few seconds.

It is called motorpacing and yes it is real. Drafting a vehicle is a rush and the speed you can hit are very high. That being said itis very dangerous. You should only pace behind a vehicle that knows you are there so they can be your eyes and brakes. You can not see the road coming up and if they stop you will eat car so to speak.

I have done it before and it is a rush. Probably because I was riding at 40 MPH blind.

Originally Posted by MMMhills .

It is called motorpacing and yes it is real. Drafting a vehicle is a rush and the speed you can hit are very high. That being said itis very dangerous. You should only pace behind a vehicle that knows you are there so they can be your eyes and brakes. You can not see the road coming up and if they stop you will eat car so to speak.

I have done it before and it is a rush. Probably because I was riding at 40 MPH blind.
yes 50 to 60 kph is more reasonable for motorpacing, you keep that speed but the workout should be longer, like 1 or 2 hours. it should be done 3 or 4 days before your racing day, it can be done behind a motorbike also provided you have a friend or trainer willing to pace you. in my youth we used to chase trucks on the road and motorpace behind them...

Reactions: steve