n 18 Jan 2006 01:34:12 -0800 said:I'm looking for a good cycling computer with many of the features of
the Polar 720, but I'm having a hard time justifying a $300 purchase
for a cyclometer. Here are the features that are important to me:
1) The basics, of course (avg & max speed, distance, etc)
2) heart rate
3) cadence
4) backlit (I frequently ride at night)
5) wireless
Altimeter would be a "nice to have" feature, but not essential. Cateye
makes two wireless computers. One does cadence, the other does heart
rate, but they don't sell one that does both (rats!).
Does anyone have suggestions?
There's a guy in Hong Kong that's selling Supergo HRM1000
cyclocomputers on Ebay (Item number: 7207742115) for $9.90 (plus
shipping). They don't have all the features you're looking for, but at
this price what's to complain about.
I've been using these HRMs for years, going back to when they were
Vetta HR-1000s. My oldest one is on its 14th year.
Recently I had the wire pull out of the mounting bracket on one of
these and Supergo (RIP) no longer carried either parts or complete
HRMs. I ordered three from the Hong Kong guy which cost something like
$80 (his shipping prices are a bit high), not bad considering I expect
these to last for years. I managed to resolder the broken wire so the
three spares are still sitting on my parts shelf.
jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3