Cycling gear for a begginer

Lukas1403

Jan 30, 2015
I found a realy sweet spot to practice cycling near my house. I already have a bike, gonna clean it, but I would like sugestions on equipment. (I am not a native speaker, so sorry for any grammar mistakes)

Welcome to the wonderful world of cycling. is this on road or off road? To start with you need some basic gear:

Helmet
Gloves
Cylcing shorts
Drink bottle, drink bottle holder
Sunglasses / eye protection from dust, stones, insects etc. I never ride without eye protection.

Depending on far away from home you're going a small tool bag with spare inner tube, puncture repair kit and 2 tyre levels is essential. Plus a pump of course.

I always take a phone in a plastic bag on my rides inside a plastic bag. I also have a $5 note for emergencies (e.g. a coffee).

Hope this helps.

It's on road. I've thought about off road but if it gets to it I'll make a new thread. Some of those stuff I already own(water bottle and eye protection). Excluding those 2, what would the price be? Ty for your awsome feedback :D

Originally Posted by Lukas1403

It's on road. I've thought about off road but if it gets to it I'll make a new thread. Some of those stuff I already own(water bottle and eye protection). Excluding those 2, what would the price be?
Ty for your awsome feedback :D
Depends what country you're in. Visit your local bike shop if you have one and or look online. I buy some of my stuff online as it's cheaper than the bike shops.

If you find in 6 months time you're really enjoying it and cycling further have a look at getting proper cycling shoes and pedals. i.e. your shoes click into the pedals. Much more efficient therefore faster cycling. You might also find your saddle needs replacing with something better if you're getting a sore butt.

Thanks! You were really helpful. Cycling is so nice, I can ser why many people enjoy it.