Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Cycling in Albania

Started by Prairie Boy · · Last activity · 10 posts · 1,273 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
29 August 2006
Last activity
28 July 2011
Original author
Prairie Boy
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,273
Views / 30 days
4
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Just doing a quick search, it seems that Armenia does not even have a national road championship. They don't even have a rider ranked in the UCI. How can someone of this heritage claim to be the savior of cycling when he comes from a country with no cycling background. Would it not make sense to develop the sport in your own country before you expand outward? Gain some experience; develop your own Olympic program. Has anything good happened from Armenia?

  2. Still no concern about the important stuff?

    Still no concern about cycling?

    Just the personal attacks and lies from anonymous, faceless, cowards. Do you think they carry much weight?

    Par for the course! That why the sport is hurting so much in Armenia., because of little peckers like you.

    Armenia 0
    Canada 1

  3. Uh, I hate to interject a note of realism here, but I feel that for the record someone must mention that Ed, to whom I assume you're referring, is of Armenian heritage, not Albanian. Equating the two is like saying that Canada is just like Cap Verde because they both start with C.

  4. Van de Wille said:

    Uh, I hate to interject a note of realism here, but I feel that for the record someone must mention that Ed, to whom I assume you're referring, is of Armenian heritage, not Albanian. Equating the two is like saying that Canada is just like Cap Verde because they both start with C.

    Thanks for the input. That was my first thought and then I edited it to the other. Back to the original, though not much difference between the two in terms of cycling. The main point remains the same.

  5. Prairie Boy said:

    Thanks for the input. That was my first thought and then I edited it to the other. Back to the original, though not much difference between the two in terms of cycling. The main point remains the same.

    ... with Ed's present girth does he require a special bike made by Zinn?

  6. And here I thought it was a refreshing new thread, sans Ed.

  7. Has anyone toured Albania on a bike?
    I recently bought a guidebook which recommends the country with reservations about low driving standards and poor roads, but I would like to contact someone who has been there and done it.
    Albania, not Armenia please.

  8. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by riptoff [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    Has anyone toured Albania on a bike?
    I recently bought a guidebook which recommends the country with reservations about low driving standards and poor roads, but I would like to contact someone who has been there and done it.

    I haven't toured there, but I can tell you that it borders on the Adriatic, it's land is mostly mountainous, and it's chief export is chrome.

  9. The real problem is the Argentines, the Portuguese and the Greeks.

    Of course, I may not be up to date on my eugenics tally. : )

  10. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by Jim Moore [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    I haven't toured there, but I can tell you that it borders on the Adriatic, it's land is mostly mountainous, and it's chief export is chrome.

    1100 views and no props for the Albania song?! Dammit, how old am I anyway?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.