Cycling in Dorset...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dragonfire, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Dragonfire

    Dragonfire Guest

    Hi all

    I've just recently moved to the Bournemouth/Poole area... I was wondering if anyone could advise me
    on clubs etc and decent routes to ride... or where to find them.... oh and I'll be on a road bike..

    I'm very much a novice and <hangs his head in shame> a chuffer to...

    All advice much appreciated!! (Oh and a magic way to give up smoking with no adverse tantrums, mood
    swings, cravings would be a plus to!!! ;-) )

    Thanks

    Andy

    Tags:

  2. Walter Rixon

    Walter Rixon Guest

    "Dragonfire" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all I've just recently moved to the Bournemouth/Poole area... I was wondering
    if anyone could advise me on clubs etc and decent routes to ride... or where to find them.... oh and
    I'll be on a road bike.. I'm very much a novice and <hangs his head in shame> a chuffer to... All
    advice much appreciated!! (Oh and a magic way to give up smoking with no adverse tantrums, mood
    swings, cravings would be a plus to!!! ;-) ) Thanks Andy >

    Hi All. Who's fallen on his feet? Wide choice of clubs, both road and atb, activity ( road, track,
    C.T.C., L.V.R.C. Dorset Cycling Development Group} Only question is, when are they going to get
    together and raise cain about the long-neglected Winton track? Especially now Southampton has been
    lost! Also, you're not thar far from the indoor track at Calshot. Smoking? There's a lot of help
    around, if you really want it! Your doctor, a coach, could help. If you're like most of us ( i,e.
    not filthy rich) , your bank statement might be a good place to start! Walter. Wellington Wheeler.