Cycling in the Algarve

Cod

Nov 8, 2005
3 of us here from Cork are flying to Faro in early May, for 5 days, and plan to cycle to Cap St Vincent, then back to Faro via the Monchique Mountains.
I've been to the Algarve on holiday a few times but never cycled there. Our route will be along the coast initially, Faro-Albufeira-Portimao-Sagres. Does anyone have any advice, warnings, suggestions? (We'll be on road bikes)
Thanks.

This is a follow-up to my question above. We just returned from a g reat few days in the Algarve. I had expected the traffic and roads to be poor, as I was there some years ago in August and the driving was a bit nerve-racking.

This time it was idyllic: the roads were quiet and well-paved, and even on the remoter country roads there was no sense of danger. The temperature was low 20's with an ocaasional breeze.

We had a great time, and I'd thoroughly recommend a cycle in the area at this time of year. I'll post more info later.
Cod

Hi,

You cycled in teh Algarve last year. Did you go on the main road from Faro to Portimao - N125? Is it safe - someone said to me it was really dangerous? Thanks.

Decker

decker said:
Hi,

You cycled in teh Algarve last year. Did you go on the main road from Faro to Portimao - N125? Is it safe - someone said to me it was really dangerous? Thanks.

Decker
´
i'm from portugal, and that N125 is a bit dangerous... ok... it's very dangerous. one of the biggest problems is the wind that big trucks make when then pass near you...

if you'v more doubts about portugal, just ask :)