Cycling Land Speed record

Martin Bulmer

Guest
Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS records
the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in Leicestershire towards
Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is clearly seen that I achieved
the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the cycling land speed record. My
little legs are a bit tired, though.
Couldn't post the file here, so it can be found under the heading "misuse"
on
altDOTbinariesDOTrecDOTphotoDOTequipment
a remarkably empty place.
--

Martin Bulmer

Martin Bulmer wrote on 14/05/2007 00:06 +0100:
> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS records
> the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in Leicestershire towards
> Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is clearly seen that I achieved
> the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the cycling land speed record. My
> little legs are a bit tired, though.

Clearly you were abducted by aliens but you won't remember any of it ;-)

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

On Mon, 14 May 2007 00:06:08 +0100
"Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On the way back it is
> clearly seen that I achieved the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the
> cycling land speed record.

YA Alan Holmes AICMFP.

Were you crossing a river and on the kind of track an old-fashioned
non-GPS person wouldn't know about at the time?

--
not me guv

Martin Bulmer said the following on 14/05/2007 00:06:
> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS records
> the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in Leicestershire towards
> Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is clearly seen that I achieved
> the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the cycling land speed record. My
> little legs are a bit tired, though.

You are Alan Holmes, and I claim my prize :)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Martin Bulmer wrote:
> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS
> records the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in
> Leicestershire towards Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is
> clearly seen that I achieved the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the
> cycling land speed record. My little legs are a bit tired, though.
> Couldn't post the file here, so it can be found under the heading
> "misuse" on
> altDOTbinariesDOTrecDOTphotoDOTequipment
> a remarkably empty place.

That's pretty impressive.

The best I've seen is 176 mph maximum, recorded on the computer after I
rescued it from the washing machine.

--

Nigel

> The best I've seen is 176 mph maximum, recorded on the computer after I
> rescued it from the washing machine.

Bah, beaten again - I got 153mph on the first run with the lidl (wired)
cycle computer. Been behaving itself since then thobut, so won't go back
just yet.

Nick Kew wrote:
> On Mon, 14 May 2007 00:06:08 +0100
> "Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On the way back it is
>> clearly seen that I achieved the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the
>> cycling land speed record.

> YA Alan Holmes AICMFP.
>
> Were you crossing a river and on the kind of track an old-fashioned
> non-GPS person wouldn't know about at the time?

No, I was in the pub.
--

Martin Bulmer

"Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS
> records
> the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in Leicestershire towards
> Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is clearly seen that I
> achieved
> the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the cycling land speed record. My
> little legs are a bit tired, though.
> Couldn't post the file here, so it can be found under the heading "misuse"
> on
> altDOTbinariesDOTrecDOTphotoDOTequipment
> a remarkably empty place.

must have been a fair tailwind?

> --
>

> Martin Bulmer

On May 13, 7:06 pm, "Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS records
> the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in Leicestershire towards
> Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is clearly seen that I achieved
> the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the cycling land speed record. My
> little legs are a bit tired, though.

And how about your big legs?

Katherine

Katherine <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS
>> records the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in
>> Leicestershire towards Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is
>> clearly seen that I achieved the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the
>> cycling land speed record. My little legs are a bit tired, though.

> And how about your big legs?

LOL! When younger my daughter was about 3, her response when told she was
too small to do something was: "But I got big legs!" Today she's 5'9".

--
Martin S.

Martin Bulmer wrote:
> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS
> records the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in
> Leicestershire towards Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is
> clearly seen that I achieved the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the
> cycling land speed record. My little legs are a bit tired, though.
> Couldn't post the file here, so it can be found under the heading
> "misuse" on
> altDOTbinariesDOTrecDOTphotoDOTequipment
> a remarkably empty place.

I forgot to mention, the programme to read the file is available free at;
http://www.gpstm.com/
--

Martin Bulmer

"Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS
> records
> the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in Leicestershire towards
> Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is clearly seen that I
> achieved
> the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the cycling land speed record. My
> little legs are a bit tired, though.

Impressive. Have you thought about doing time trials? You'd win, you know.

in message <[email protected]>, MartinS ('[email protected]')
wrote:

> Katherine <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS
>>> records the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in
>>> Leicestershire towards Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is
>>> clearly seen that I achieved the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the
>>> cycling land speed record. My little legs are a bit tired, though.

>> And how about your big legs?

> LOL! When younger my daughter was about 3, her response when told she was
> too small to do something was: "But I got big legs!" Today she's 5'9".

When I was eight, so really quite a long time ago, my family and some
friends decided to climb Goat Fell on Arran, a matter of a mere 874 metres
of ascent. Among the party was one Kitty, then three. On the way down she
begged to be carried, explaining that she 'only had three legs'.

There's nae Gods, an there's precious few heroes
but there's plenty on the dole in th Land o th Leal;
And it's time now, tae sweep the future clear o
th lies o a past that we know wis never real.

Martin Bulmer wrote:

>On the way back it is clearly seen that I achieved
>the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the cycling land speed record.

Evidently the stickiness from your molten tyres held you down to the
road as you exceeded escape velocity. And people say bicycles aren't
safe!

In article <[email protected]>, Mark
Thompson
pleasegivegenerously@warmmail*_turn_up_the_heat_to_reply*.com says...
> > The best I've seen is 176 mph maximum, recorded on the computer after I
> > rescued it from the washing machine.

> Bah, beaten again - I got 153mph on the first run with the lidl (wired)
> cycle computer. Been behaving itself since then thobut, so won't go back
> just yet.

My Lidl wireless computer goes mad if I take it into Asda - I think it's
the security scanner thingies. Maybe I should fit it to a trolley and
claim a speed record for that.

"Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Martin Bulmer wrote:
>> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS
>> records the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in
>> Leicestershire towards Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it is
>> clearly seen that I achieved the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I claim the
>> cycling land speed record. My little legs are a bit tired, though.
>> Couldn't post the file here, so it can be found under the heading
>> "misuse" on
>> altDOTbinariesDOTrecDOTphotoDOTequipment
>> a remarkably empty place.

> I forgot to mention, the programme to read the file is available free at;
> http://www.gpstm.com/
> --

I downloaded the programme...how do I get the file?

Shirley wrote:
> "Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Martin Bulmer wrote:
>>> Went out for a little run on my push-bike in the rain today. My GPS
>>> records the little dash diversion I did from Thornton in
>>> Leicestershire towards Swindon, Wilts and back. On the way back it
>>> is clearly seen that I achieved the speed of 93350.3 mph, so I
>>> claim the cycling land speed record. My little legs are a bit
>>> tired, though. Couldn't post the file here, so it can be found
>>> under the heading "misuse" on
>>> altDOTbinariesDOTrecDOTphotoDOTequipment
>>> a remarkably empty place.

>> I forgot to mention, the programme to read the file is available
>> free at; http://www.gpstm.com/
>> --

> I downloaded the programme...how do I get the file?

It's attached to my first post on the photo site
If you can't get it, I'll email it.
You might need to download the Europe background map from the programme's
site as well, or you can click the button that takes it onto Google Earth.
--

Martin Bulmer