cycling to work crease free

[email protected] wrote:
> please visit my blog http://highson.wordpress.com/category/cycling-to-work/
> for crease free work clothes and its not a bag or a pannier!

ISTM the point of a news group discussion is to discuss it on the news
group, not to go somewhere else and do it there...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On 28 Feb, 11:17, Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > please visit my bloghttp://highson.wordpress.com/category/cycling-to-work/
> > for crease free work clothes and its not a bag or a pannier!

> ISTM the point of a news group discussion is to discuss it on the news
> group, not to go somewhere else and do it there...

He's just spamming out his own sh!t, and trying to get his blog hits
up .. because he's an entrepreneur, dontchaknow ...

On 28 Feb, 12:15, elyob <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 28 Feb, 11:17, Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > please visit my bloghttp://highson.wordpress.com/category/cycling-to-work/
> > > for crease free work clothes and its not a bag or a pannier!

> > ISTM the point of a news group discussion is to discuss it on the news
> > group, not to go somewhere else and do it there...

> He's just spamming out his own sh!t, and trying to get his blog hits
> up .. because he's an entrepreneur, dontchaknow ...

Might have done better to wait until he actually had some content
beyond "Hello World"

On Feb 28, 4:13 pm, POHB <[email protected]> wrote:
> Might have done better to wait until he actually had some content
> beyond "Hello World"

I can't even see that!

I don't have any crease issues when cycling in to work. I cycle in
shorts and T shirt and a shirt gets loosely folded into 3 then shoved
in a plastic bag (with socks, underwear, tie and trousers) and it
never comes out noticeably creased!

peter

In article
<5eca1b91-dee7-4adc-a938-ede9a88784e7@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
naked_draughtsman <[email protected]> writes

>I don't have any crease issues when cycling in to work. I cycle in
>shorts and T shirt and a shirt gets loosely folded into 3 then shoved
>in a plastic bag (with socks, underwear, tie and trousers) and it
>never comes out noticeably creased!

Mine didn't either, when I commuted daily by bike, but I used to wonder
if there already was, or it was possible to invent, some kind of
lightweight wire or plastic frame mechanism around which one could fold
a shirt that would hold it taut and crease free for transporting.

I've seen a close approximation in some clothes shops - a plastic form
that is used inside folded shirts, but I think it requires additional
clips and the tail end of the shirt is usually crumpled up in the
middle.
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...

In article <[email protected]>, congokid
[email protected] says...
> In article
> <5eca1b91-dee7-4adc-a938-ede9a88784e7@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
> naked_draughtsman <[email protected]> writes
>
> >I don't have any crease issues when cycling in to work. I cycle in
> >shorts and T shirt and a shirt gets loosely folded into 3 then shoved
> >in a plastic bag (with socks, underwear, tie and trousers) and it
> >never comes out noticeably creased!

> Mine didn't either, when I commuted daily by bike, but I used to wonder
> if there already was, or it was possible to invent, some kind of
> lightweight wire or plastic frame mechanism around which one could fold
> a shirt that would hold it taut and crease free for transporting.

Rather than ironing the shirt when it comes out of the dryer and then
trying to keep it uncrumpled, why not just iron it at work before you
wear it? :)

Rob Morley wrote:
> Rather than ironing the shirt when it comes out of the dryer and then
> trying to keep it uncrumpled, why not just iron it at work before you
> wear it? :)

If God had meant us to iron shirts he wouldn't have given us jumpers.

--
Peter Fox
Beer, dancing, cycling and lots more at www.eminent.demon.co.uk

In article <[email protected]>, Peter Fox
<[email protected]> writes
>Rob Morley wrote:
>> Rather than ironing the shirt when it comes out of the dryer and then
>>trying to keep it uncrumpled, why not just iron it at work before you
>>wear it? :)

>If God had meant us to iron shirts he wouldn't have given us jumpers.

Sometimes jumpers have to be ironed, too.
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...
http://congokid.com

In article <[email protected]>, Rob Morley
<[email protected]> writes

>Rather than ironing the shirt when it comes out of the dryer and then
>trying to keep it uncrumpled, why not just iron it at work before you
>wear it? :)

Fab idea - but it was difficult enough for the facilities people to keep
the single shower in the building functioning (not that I used it
anyway, though I know some other cyclists did). And it was beyond them
to provide adequate bike parking in the cavernous underground car park,
though there were more cyclists using it than car drivers.

Asking for an iron and board would have been taking the ****.
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...
http://congokid.com

In news:[email protected],
congokid <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> In article <[email protected]>, Peter Fox
> <[email protected]> writes
>> Rob Morley wrote:
>>> Rather than ironing the shirt when it comes out of the dryer and
>>> then trying to keep it uncrumpled, why not just iron it at work
>>> before you wear it? :)

>> If God had meant us to iron shirts he wouldn't have given us jumpers.

> Sometimes jumpers have to be ironed, too.

What is this thing you Earth people call "ironing"?

--
Dave Larrington
Mushroom! Mushroom!

Dave Larrington wrote:

> What is this thing you Earth people call "ironing"?

It's a handy way to apply wax to ski bases in an even layer[1]

Pete.

[1] those desiring unnaturally flat clothes who may be visiting Chez
Eisma/Clinch are recommended to bear this in mind before using a local iron.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On 29 Feb,
"Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote:

> In news:[email protected],
> congokid <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> > In article <[email protected]>, Peter Fox
> > <[email protected]> writes
> >> If God had meant us to iron shirts he wouldn't have given us jumpers.

> > Sometimes jumpers have to be ironed, too.

> What is this thing you Earth people call "ironing"?

It's for putting transfers on T shirts, and the edges on worktops.

--
BD
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

Dave Larrington <[email protected]> wrote:

> In news:[email protected],
> congokid <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> > In article <[email protected]>, Peter Fox
> > <[email protected]> writes
> >> If God had meant us to iron shirts he wouldn't have given us jumpers.

> > Sometimes jumpers have to be ironed, too.

> What is this thing you Earth people call "ironing"?

I've got an iron. I can't remember when I last used it.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

In article <[email protected]>, congokid
[email protected] says...
> In article <[email protected]>, Rob Morley
> <[email protected]> writes
>
> >Rather than ironing the shirt when it comes out of the dryer and then
> >trying to keep it uncrumpled, why not just iron it at work before you
> >wear it? :)

> Fab idea - but it was difficult enough for the facilities people to keep
> the single shower in the building functioning (not that I used it
> anyway, though I know some other cyclists did). And it was beyond them
> to provide adequate bike parking in the cavernous underground car park,
> though there were more cyclists using it than car drivers.
>
> Asking for an iron and board would have been taking the ****.

You couldn't use your own?

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:48:22 GMT,
[email protected] (Ekul Namsob) said in
<1id2zwm.1eo5dda177bhtbN%[email protected]>:

>I've got an iron. I can't remember when I last used it.

I always press my evening dress suit and iron the shirt before a
concert, especially if I'm singing solos.

Top Tip for chinos and the like: put them flat between the mattress
and the bed base overnight.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

In article <[email protected]>, Just zis Guy,
you know?
[email protected] says...

> Top Tip for chinos and the like: put them flat between the mattress
> and the bed base overnight.

Don't if you have a slattted bed base, unless the corrugated look is in.
:)

In article <[email protected]>, Rob Morley
<[email protected]> writes

>> Asking for an iron and board would have been taking the ****.
>>

>You couldn't use your own?

I can see me now, cycling through central London with an ironing board
strapped to my back. Anyway, now I have one of those huge steam
generator irons. Would never get that in a saddle bag.
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...
http://congokid.com

In article <[email protected]>, congokid
[email protected] says...
> In article <[email protected]>, Rob Morley
> <[email protected]> writes
>
> >> Asking for an iron and board would have been taking the ****.
> >>

> >You couldn't use your own?

> I can see me now, cycling through central London with an ironing board
> strapped to my back. Anyway, now I have one of those huge steam
> generator irons. Would never get that in a saddle bag.

You never thought to get an iron and board to leave at work, of course.

"Rob Morley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, congokid
> [email protected] says...
>> In article <[email protected]>, Rob Morley
>> <[email protected]> writes

>> >You couldn't use your own?

>> I can see me now, cycling through central London with an ironing board
>> strapped to my back. Anyway, now I have one of those huge steam
>> generator irons. Would never get that in a saddle bag.
>>

> You never thought to get an iron and board to leave at work, of course.

But he still has to transport them to work, if only once.