Power meters · Public discussion

Cyclingpeaks and a new PC

Started by trener1 · · Last activity · 8 posts · 1,334 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
14 March 2007
Last activity
15 March 2007
Original author
trener1
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,334
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am wondering if you can transfer your license to a new computer without having to buy a new license?
    I know that you can't use it on two computers at once, but I can I transfer it from my old PC to my mew one?

  2. How about the problem of transferring your workout files too!

  3. Yeah that's a good question, I have no clue.
    If you have a answer to either one I am all ears.

    JTE83 said:

    How about the problem of transferring your workout files too!

  4. JTE83 said:

    How about the problem of transferring your workout files too!

    Simply back up the data folder. Sample path: C:\Program Files\CyclingPeaks WKO+\data\ATHLETENAME.

    I would recommend backing up this folder at least once a month. Would hate to loose all my data in a nasty PC crash.....

  5. trener1 said:

    I am wondering if you can transfer your license to a new computer without having to buy a new license?
    I know that you can't use it on two computers at once, but I can I transfer it from my old PC to my mew one?

    Regarding the license, I believe you can go to CyclingPeaks.com, click on the "Unlock Your Software and Log In" button (top right), - there is a way to download directly from the web.

  6. But doesn't it know what computer you originally installed itself on and disable itself if it's on a different one?.

  7. I have just reinstalled everything on a new PC.

    Contact CP for the process. You will need to copy your athlete data onto some media to transfer to new PC. (If using Vista - move it to a folder of your choice on the new PC).

    Moving to a new machine means downloading a new copy of CP and getting a new validation code to unlock it. CP will require you to run a utility to "invalidate" the old copy.

    When you install the software, use the migration tool from the run now box to import all the data from the media on which you stored it (same dialogue box you see when you download and install the latest build). CP will then auto re-create everything you had before.

    I did have a bit of a challenge with Vista but that turned out to be:
    i. new CP version allows athlete data to be stored in any folder you choose (i.e. not in the program files folder, which is a good thing)
    ii. Vista requires you to re-set the folder properties to allow sharing (otherwise CP won't work properly) - that bit had me stumped for a while since I was soldiering with ME for so long...

  8. trener1 said:

    I am wondering if you can transfer your license to a new computer without having to buy a new license?
    I know that you can't use it on two computers at once, but I can I transfer it from my old PC to my mew one?

    Best thing to do is to email us at [email hidden]

    Hunter

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.