UK and Europe · Public discussion

Cyclists' etiquette

Started by naked_draughtsman · · Last activity · 42 posts · 619 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
9 August 2007
Last activity
16 August 2007
Original author
naked_draughtsman
Posts
42
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
619
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–42 of 42
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Chris Malcolm" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    David Lloyd said:

    "Rob Morley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, Clive George
    [email hidden] says...
    > "Marz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > > And off road the only thing I ever hear or say is 'on yer left'.
    >
    > Leftpondian?
    >
    No need to announce passing on the right, because that's where it
    normally happens.

    Quoted message said:

    When I came upon a group of people walking on a rural shared path, with
    their backs to me, I announced 'Rider up, passing to your right'. Those
    on
    the right immediately turned round, their rights becoming their lefts,
    and
    moved in the wrong direction. What a bunch of planks! Fortunately, I had
    called out a good enough distance away so there was time for them to work
    out their bearings and sort themselves out before I got to them.

    I think you're taking quite a risk assuming that everyone can tell
    their right from their left without thinking it over. I know several
    people who take a few seconds to get it right, during which time they
    usually change their mind at least once.


    I think your right there. Someone suggested just calling out 'hello' or
    'good morning', or whatever, and wait for the pedestrians to decide what
    they doing.

    David Lloyd

  2. Paul Boyd said:

    Don't any of you have bells on your off-road bikes? Tsk :-)

    i have mud tires, bell not needed.

    roger
    --
    www.rogermerriman.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.