Cyclo ball

MSeries

Guest
Just seen a piece of film on ESPN Classic (I am in Kansas City right
now) of Cyclo Ball, West Germany v Czechoslovakia. Three team members
per side on very low geared fixeds playing in a small indoor court with
goals at each end. Not kicking the ball but using their front wheel to
move the ball around. Made me smile anyway, some great track standing
demonstrations.

MSeries wrote:
> Just seen a piece of film on ESPN Classic (I am in Kansas City right
> now) of Cyclo Ball, West Germany v Czechoslovakia. Three team members
> per side on very low geared fixeds playing in a small indoor court with
> goals at each end. Not kicking the ball but using their front wheel to
> move the ball around. Made me smile anyway, some great track standing
> demonstrations.

How bizarre! Did they have a goal keeper? Tackling on bikes sounds
worrying!

Blonde said:
MSeries wrote:
> Just seen a piece of film on ESPN Classic (I am in Kansas City right
> now) of Cyclo Ball, West Germany v Czechoslovakia. Three team members
> per side on very low geared fixeds playing in a small indoor court with
> goals at each end. Not kicking the ball but using their front wheel to
> move the ball around. Made me smile anyway, some great track standing
> demonstrations.

How bizarre! Did they have a goal keeper? Tackling on bikes sounds
worrying!

But just think of the power hitting the ball with a good tail whip :)

Bryan