rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Darlington Trials & Ridewell Pics

Started by Loosemoose · · Last activity · 25 posts · 936 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
18 July 2005
Last activity
22 July 2005
Original author
Loosemoose
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
936
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Evening all, just a thread to show you some images from the Darlington
    Trials competition, and the Ridewell cycle awareness day last weekend.
    I'll try and annotate as best I can, and the videos from the day should
    be uploaded by the end of the week, info will appear in this thread...

    Loose.

    1st Pic, Simon & Joe warm up, pedal grabbing a concrete block.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 1 joe and simon pedal grab.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339482|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  2. Simon, mid 180 hop.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 2 simon long hop.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339483|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  3. Leigh attempting trials, with Simons coaching.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 3 leigh rail panic.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339485|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  4. Tom (DarkTom) Riding the plank-edge rail.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 4 tom skinny.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339486|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  5. Joe juggles 3 clubs (they're leighs, thats why one is pink) on the 6ft
    DM.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 5 joe 3 clubs giraffe.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339487|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  6. Joe chats to Simon. What amuses me most about this pic is they're the
    same height off the floor.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 6 joe chats to simon giraffe.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339488|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  7. Tom gaps between the concrete obstacles.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 7 tom concrete gap.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339489|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  8. Joe gets the cr*p battered out of him on the gladiator duel game...

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 9 joe gets battered off podium.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339490|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  9. ... then falls off the bucking bronco, after latching on like a limpet.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 10 joe gets thrown off bronco.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339492|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  10. Unicycles invade the Cummins factory!

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 11 factory invasion.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339493|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  11. Then use the marvellously smooth & level floor to glide on...

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 12 joe glides through factory.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339496|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  12. ...a lot.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 13 joe glides through factory more.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339497|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  13. And obviously use the guard rails for some hopping practice.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 14 joe guardrail hop.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339499|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  14. Joe hops off the highest obstacle on the course, Tom is far too busy
    with a healthily neon looking ice lolly.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 15 joe skies it, tom licks it.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339500|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  15. RIDEWELL PICS

    These are the pics from the sunday at the ridewell safety meeting:

    The Course

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 2.1 ridewell course.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339502|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  16. Simon balances on the edge of a really really wobbly cable reel.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 2.2 ridewell simon reel balance.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339503|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  17. Simon falls in a skip (I told you it was wobbly)

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 2.3 ridewell simon in a skip.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339504|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  18. Simon rides one of the plank bridges.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: 2.4 ridewell simon skinny.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339505|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  19. Simon succumbs to the pull of gravity. I like the look on the womans
    face just behind him.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Attachment filename: 2.5 ridewell simon gives in to gravity.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/339506|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

  20. There are more than this of ridewell, including Simons very impressive
    high jumps and a very high drop to flat. I'll see if I can get those
    clips off the camera soonish and capture more frames...

    Credit for Darlington camerawork goes to me, Ridewell video shooting was
    entirely Leighs handiwork.

    Loose.

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/41977

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.