Davey's had this idiot pegged

Bill C

Guest
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jul07/jul01news
Quoted:
"There are too many (certificates), the moment has come to study new
and more rigorous rules," said McQuaid to Gazzetta dello Sport
Saturday. "There are riders who truly have need to use these
substances but we realize also that the system has been coerced for
the profit of some riders."

Yep he's a farkin' MD now. Can't get treatment for a bee sting during
a race when you're swelling up like a pumpkin and have to quit. Those
studies on the effects of air pollution, increasing asthma, and
exercise induced asthma are all garbage in "Surgeon General" Paddy
McBoggy.
(with a tip of the hat to Davey)
Bill C

On Jun 30, 7:48 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jul07/jul01news
> Quoted:
> "There are too many (certificates), the moment has come to study new
> and more rigorous rules," said McQuaid to Gazzetta dello Sport
> Saturday. "There are riders who truly have need to use these
> substances but we realize also that the system has been coerced for
> the profit of some riders."
>
> Yep he's a farkin' MD now. Can't get treatment for a bee sting during
> a race when you're swelling up like a pumpkin and have to quit. Those
> studies on the effects of air pollution, increasing asthma, and
> exercise induced asthma are all garbage in "Surgeon General" Paddy
> McBoggy.
> (with a tip of the hat to Davey)
> Bill C

Damn it's a field day for CN and the UCI:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jul07/jul01news
> Quoted:

Unibet astonished by Prudhomme
Unibet.com, the Swedish-Belgian outfit that was at the centre of a
controversy earlier this year, has expressed its astonishment to
yesterday's statement by Tour de France head Christian Prudhomme. The
Frenchman declared yesterday that Unibet couldn't be invited to the
Tour because they haven't been producing results.

Not surprisingly Unibet's reaction came quickly and Koen Terryn,
general manager of the company, told AFP "he [Prudhomme -ed] always
told us we couldn't race because it was illegal. In the ProTour
ranking we are 19th. We are ahead of Milram despite only having been
able to do about half the races."

Terryn continued that "in a way it pleases us that the juridical
reasons aren't cited as the main ones anymore."

These people are supposed to have credibility and integrity?
Bill C

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:53:05 -0700, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jun 30, 7:48 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jul07/jul01news
>> Quoted:
>> "There are too many (certificates), the moment has come to study new
>> and more rigorous rules," said McQuaid to Gazzetta dello Sport
>> Saturday. "There are riders who truly have need to use these
>> substances but we realize also that the system has been coerced for
>> the profit of some riders."
>>
>> Yep he's a farkin' MD now. Can't get treatment for a bee sting during
>> a race when you're swelling up like a pumpkin and have to quit. Those
>> studies on the effects of air pollution, increasing asthma, and
>> exercise induced asthma are all garbage in "Surgeon General" Paddy
>> McBoggy.
>> (with a tip of the hat to Davey)
>> Bill C

>Damn it's a field day for CN and the UCI:
>
>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jul07/jul01news
>> Quoted:

>Unibet astonished by Prudhomme
>Unibet.com, the Swedish-Belgian outfit that was at the centre of a
>controversy earlier this year, has expressed its astonishment to
>yesterday's statement by Tour de France head Christian Prudhomme. The
>Frenchman declared yesterday that Unibet couldn't be invited to the
>Tour because they haven't been producing results.
>
>Not surprisingly Unibet's reaction came quickly and Koen Terryn,
>general manager of the company, told AFP "he [Prudhomme -ed] always
>told us we couldn't race because it was illegal. In the ProTour
>ranking we are 19th. We are ahead of Milram despite only having been
>able to do about half the races."
>
>Terryn continued that "in a way it pleases us that the juridical
>reasons aren't cited as the main ones anymore."
>
>These people are supposed to have credibility and integrity?

Actually all they have is the race. They seem to be a little confused as to what
that buys them. I am increasingly reminded of the morons at the Indianapolis
Motor Speedway who thought that hosting the premier event entitled them to
control that entire discipline. The resulting chaos pretty well destroyed open
wheel motor racing above the local level in this country.

Ron