debate question

IEatRice4Dinner

Jul 19, 2004
Me and a friend were talking about Nascar vs cycling. Obviously both have endorsements, and sponsorships and all that. What i wanna know is would it cost more to run a nascar team or cycling team.

I can't say for sure, but I would think that unless your talking about a huge team like Discovery or CSC then Nascar would be more.

The biggest budget ProTour teams have the budget of an average NASCAR team, which is $20 million if I remember right. The lowest budgest ProTour teams spend about 7 million euros, or roughly 10 million USD. The highest budgest teams are around 15 to 17 million euros, or up to 22 million USD.

You could combine all the ProTour teams' budgets and still only have enough to cover two thirds of what Ferrari, Toyota, Honda, or McLaren spend yearly in Formula 1. Each of those teams spend upward of $400 million.

Why are we giving nascar a frikin' chance. I'm speaking solely from my opinion but honestly...what do you think is the average weight of Nascars fan base? Think about it.

You call sweaty guys, pushing their accelerator to the floor, turning left, and ultimately accomplishing nothing, atheletes? And don't argue with, "Well, ohhh, well, those guys get really hot in dem cars, and have too, uhhh, like drink lots of beer?"

Get a grip.

Btw....This is not an argument against your thread, its just a rant on Nascar.

Bikelyst said:
Why are we giving nascar a frikin' chance. I'm speaking solely from my opinion but honestly...what do you think is the average weight of Nascars fan base? Think about it.

You call sweaty guys, pushing their accelerator to the floor, turning left, and ultimately accomplishing nothing, atheletes? And don't argue with, "Well, ohhh, well, those guys get really hot in dem cars, and have too, uhhh, like drink lots of beer?"

Get a grip.

Btw....This is not an argument against your thread, its just a rant on Nascar.

i agree. i dont like the scene associated with nascar. f1 racing is cool, and sure it's hard to be a driver and all that, but it's not my cup of tea

Bikelyst said:

Get a grip.
Well, Romans used to enjoy gathering around their circular Colosseum and watch people kill others/wild animals or be killed. Nascar sounded like similar.

As to why some human enjoy it, don't ask me. :eek: