Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Deciding crankarm length?

Started by Strayhorn · · Last activity · 21 posts · 1,261 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 October 2005
Last activity
31 October 2005
Original author
Strayhorn
Posts
21
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,261
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–21 of 21
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,
    "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    in re: crank length

    Quoted message said:

    Put three people in a room and ask about crank arm length, get four
    opinions. It really matters little...get a 172.5...good for you and
    your height.

    After reading the other replies and looking over the supplied links, I
    find that your first sentence is 100% true . . .

    Anyway, I took a set of measurements of both myself and my bike (after
    finding out I had been doing it wrong) and discovered that my bike is
    after all correctly sized for me. We can attribute this to the practiced
    eye of the mechanic at my LBS and good fortune, I suppose, since I had
    mis-judged my inseam length and the bike had slightly incorrect
    measurements on the sales tag.

    The real proof is the longer rides I'm able to do at a faster average
    speed, with no discomfort. Goodbye, sore bum - so long, stiff wrists.

    At any rate, Peter had the correct answer: 172.5

    Many thanks to all who took the time to reply. As always, it provided a
    new set of data points in the ever-expanding knowledge base of being a
    roadie.

    --
    Strayhorn

    ³Excuse me, brother, who you jivin' with that cosmik debris?" - F.Z.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.