Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Decision for a new bike

Started by Super Otaku · · Last activity · 12 posts · 3,199 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
8 February 2005
Last activity
15 March 2005
Original author
Super Otaku
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,199
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Alright. I need you guys to help me on buying my new bike. These are the bikes that are on top on my list:

    Specialized P.2
    Norco 125
    Giant STP1
    Devinci Kicker

    I need advise on any on these bikes. Tell me what you know, and what do you think would be best for me. I do street, trials, and urban freeriding. Also if you have any bike you could suggest feelfree to tell me. I'm also looking at these bikes:

    Norco 604 Street, Sasquatch, Kona Stuff, Trek Bruisers, Cannondale Chases, and some other Gary Fischer Hardtails.
    They are all 2005 models. I know, I'm bad in choosing. I did test ride the top four bikes. They all feel good.

    Alright guys, Say what you have, any suggestions on other bikes,etc.

    Thanks.

  2. Super Otaku said:

    Alright. I need you guys to help me on buying my new bike. These are the bikes that are on top on my list:

    Specialized P.2
    Norco 125
    Giant STP1
    Devinci Kicker

    I need advise on any on these bikes. Tell me what you know, and what do you think would be best for me. I do street, trials, and urban freeriding. Also if you have any bike you could suggest feelfree to tell me. I'm also looking at these bikes:

    Norco 604 Street, Sasquatch, Kona Stuff, Trek Bruisers, Cannondale Chases, and some other Gary Fischer Hardtails.
    They are all 2005 models. I know, I'm bad in choosing. I did test ride the top four bikes. They all feel good.

    Alright guys, Say what you have, any suggestions on other bikes,etc.

    Thanks.


    agh i dont know those except the specialised and giant

    ride them, see if theres any big difference in the feel of them. a big mistake people make is finding the one with the best components, get a bike with a good base (the frame) then if you want to you can build on it later.

  3. Super Otaku said:

    Alright. I need you guys to help me on buying my new bike. These are the bikes that are on top on my list:

    Specialized P.2
    Norco 125
    Giant STP1
    Devinci Kicker

    I need advise on any on these bikes. Tell me what you know, and what do you think would be best for me. I do street, trials, and urban freeriding. Also if you have any bike you could suggest feelfree to tell me. I'm also looking at these bikes:

    Norco 604 Street, Sasquatch, Kona Stuff, Trek Bruisers, Cannondale Chases, and some other Gary Fischer Hardtails.
    They are all 2005 models. I know, I'm bad in choosing. I did test ride the top four bikes. They all feel good.

    Alright guys, Say what you have, any suggestions on other bikes,etc.

    Thanks.

    Hey, check out Sinister Bikes- www.sinisterbikes.com

  4. I've tested them all, except the Trek and the Gary Fischer ones. Sorry to say that I can't get Sinister bikes since I dom't have a dealer nearby.

  5. I would look at Cannondales. Are you mainly looking at hardtails or full-suspension? I would personally look at nothing but full-suspension. I wouldnt ride anything but full-suspension. If you are going to do any jumps or drops your going to want it. I have a Cannondale Prophet. I love it. It has great suspension. The Lefty is in my opinion the best fork that could possibly be on it. It is light, strong, and has more than enough travel for what I do which is mostly trail riding. Hope you find what you are looking for and have fun becoming part of the mountain biking population!

  6. Prophet7131 said:

    I would look at Cannondales. Are you mainly looking at hardtails or full-suspension? I would personally look at nothing but full-suspension. I wouldnt ride anything but full-suspension. If you are going to do any jumps or drops your going to want it. I have a Cannondale Prophet. I love it. It has great suspension. The Lefty is in my opinion the best fork that could possibly be on it. It is light, strong, and has more than enough travel for what I do which is mostly trail riding. Hope you find what you are looking for and have fun becoming part of the mountain biking population!

    All the bikes on the list are hardtails. I'm street/trials and full suspensions are too hard to ride for this genre. The Cannondale Chases are pretty good, but they don't look that 'nice'. But thanks though.

  7. is the P.2 CR-MO ?

  8. moparchris said:

    is the P.2 CR-MO ?


    I guess.......

  9. no the p2 is alluminum,the cromos are the p-street and the p1 cromo

  10. I dont know much about the others but the P2 seems pretty nice. All the guys at the shop seem to love it... it seems to be a hot buy right now at the shop.

    Yes, the main thing that can help (which is a huge deciding factor) is to test ride them all. When I have a costumer chosing over 2-3 bikes... the test ride does it for them.

  11. in my expierience the p2 is more of a dj bike as far as p's go the street and p1 cromo sound more in your riding style

  12. dude i got a p.2 and its a great deal for the parts its got and dont fer get thats a p.3 frame on there with dif paint. all th parts are great for the money. the downside is the fork but wait year and by a new one then. or you can do what i did by a 2004 sherman flick or firefly from www.greenfishsports.com you can get a flick fer 300 USA or about 450 CAN, then youl have a super nice bike w/one of the nicest forks fer what yer doin on it!!!!:eek:

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.