Decreased Sexual Sensation From Cycling

Vickeree

Mar 11, 2015
Hello ladies! I've found an interesting article that said cycling can decrease sexual performance in ment and decrease sexual sensation in women! It's mainly because of the saddle and the sitting position but I don't know if it's just marketing BS to sell "no nose" saddles and I wanted to know what are your thoughts and experiences on this..

My personal experience has been that I have never ever had this problem and I have cycled thousands and thousands of miles on both ordinary saddles and ones with gaps in the middle (over 6,000 miles last year alone). I have to confess to have never having tried a noseless saddle, but having never had this problem, I have not needed to try one out.

The single biggest issue I have had has been getting a comfortable one which does not press in the wrong places wrt my sit bones and my biggest regret was not purchasing a second 'spare' saddle when I finally found that comfortable one.

Just from a common sense point of view - if things were starting to tingle (pins and needles) or go numb, would you not just change position or stop and get off the bike for a break?

Connie858 said:
Just from a common sense point of view - if things were starting to tingle (pins and needles) or go numb, would you not just change position or stop and get off the bike for a break?

Not always, some may be into pins and needles as a warm up for the whips, chains and handcuffs. :)

Isn't the general rule, it it feels weird or hurts, stop! The same will apply to discomfort or numbness in the 'womanly parts' as well. I have to admit, I've never experienced this or ever heard of this before now!

Reactions: Connie858
jhuskey said:
Not always, some may be into pins and needles as a warm up for the whips, chains and handcuffs. :)
Now I just need to work out how to deal with piercings (no appropriate smilie found - this one is just not quite adequate really :eek: ) and to get my husband to come out with a whip to keep me cycling fast enough! (I'm now on a recumbent trike and being partially paralysed has knocked my speed down something chronic! today I managed an entire 7mph! Mind you now being on a recumbent trike means I could now reconsider piercings :huh: nope that one does not quite work either :lol: )

As for handcuffs, they don't quite work as well as on a steering wheel and are totally ineffective on a recumbent trike! :p

I never had issues and this is new to me. Generally if things are uncomfortable I adjust things until I stop feeling that way. Common sense really.

Reactions: Connie858
Vickeree said:
Hello ladies! I've found an interesting article that said cycling can decrease sexual performance in ment and decrease sexual sensation in women! It's mainly because of the saddle and the sitting position but I don't know if it's just marketing BS to sell "no nose" saddles and I wanted to know what are your thoughts and experiences on this..
Jacques Anquetil used claim that he endured various sexual sensations while riding :)

lol, so far so good! But yeah, nothing like having a nice seat and shorts so that we don't crush our parts and be not functional later. :)

I have been cycling for quite a while and I have never had any lack of sensation from biking. I can safely say however, that this was not something that I ever gave much thought to. Perhaps the person in question had a ill fitting seat? Maybe it was from shorts that were too tight? Strange..... and nope I certainly don't have any problems in that area.

jumpergrrl1979 said:
I have been cycling for quite a while and I have never had any lack of sensation from biking. I can safely say however, that this was not something that I ever gave much thought to. Perhaps the person in question had a ill fitting seat? Maybe it was from shorts that were too tight? Strange..... and nope I certainly don't have any problems in that area.

Kinda reminds me of the Grinch.
"Could be that shorts were tight"
"Could be that his saddle wasn't screwed on just right"
" but the most likely reason of all is that his stem was 3 sizes too small".

I can't say that I have ever paid it any attention. I have been riding a bike since I was 5 years old, and in all my years in a saddle I have never had an increase or decrease of sexual sensations. All I ever get is a sore bottom if I go on long trips, which doesn't exactly have a stimulating or erotic effect on me. ;)
But I have sometimes felt something "peculiar" while riding in certain cars for a long time. I guess it has something to do with the vibration of the engine. It definitely feels better than a sore behind. Ha. :)

Actually if I don't over do it after riding I can even feel more stimulated to have sex, it must be related to the adrenalin in the body? If I over do it no though, I am just wasted and want to rest.

I don't know if that's right, but I don't think it's true personally. I would say that you actually need to protect yourself when it comes to a point where it feels harmless and painful. I don't think the articles you read apply for everyone. Statistics don't really work.

If I have to choose between my sex life and my bike life. 100% going for my bike life.
I'm not sure if that says I have a kickbottom bike life or a lousy sex life... lmao.

Personally I think riders make better lovers! Passion, endurance, perseverance, increased pain threshold and good overall fitness should all be huge positives in the sack ;)
To add to the poster talking about "certain sensations" when in the car, I know of a few females friends who have "fun" riding on the back of their partners motorcycles. B)

I agree with a poster above, that I was scared when I saw the title but relived when I read the posts! Last time I wander into the girls section of this forum.

It is difficult at times to balance sex and cycling. At least for me since generally one of us falls off the bike.at some point. Maybe a wider saddle would help.

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike
Personally speaking, No I have not had a decrease in sexual sensations. I actually cycle approximately three to four times a week. There are things I like to think that help me though. First, I make sure I am comfortable on my bike. Secondly, if I'm feeling numb I stop and take a break. I have issues with numbness all the time and I have learned to stop what I'm doing and listen to my body. Lastly, I feel like you should get to your limits on the saddle.