Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Deda EOM 16.5 vs. 853

Started by craigstanton · · Last activity · 23 posts · 10,920 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
30 December 2003
Last activity
27 September 2004
Original author
craigstanton
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
10,920
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Ahh ... Perhaps this will work:

    [IMG] http://www.togoparts.com/showroom/parts/resized-2004092372343284.jpg[/IMG]

  2. craigstanton said:

    Hi Maxxevv,

    Yes. I did consider Ti frames. Longevity is the key reason why I was initially so attracted to steel and Ti, actually. After looking at both products -- I am convinced that a high quality frame can be had in either material at my price point, but that there is far better selection in steel. I ended up purchasing a custom Landshark, handmade from Deda Zero Uno. Carbon fork. I love it -- and wouldn't turn it in for anything. I ride with a large group of Ti riding mates though, and they seem to love their Ti just as much as I love the steel. The ride on both frames is very similar.

    Craig

    Hi, this may be off topic a bit, but I have a question about the durability of carbon. I'm trying to choose between carbon and ti. Some people question the durability of carbon. If that is so, why do most bikes come with carbon forks, which is probably the most crucial part of your frame, when it comes to durability? Thanks.

  3. johtan said:

    Hi, this may be off topic a bit, but I have a question about the durability of carbon. I'm trying to choose between carbon and ti. Some people question the durability of carbon. If that is so, why do most bikes come with carbon forks, which is probably the most crucial part of your frame, when it comes to durability? Thanks.


    Primarily an issue if you crash it.In that case Ti or steel may come out ahead. And yeah, there are many that will bad mouth the durability of CF and then hop on there whatevers with a CF fork and ride the pizz out of it.Go figger.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.