General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Delurking from Finland

Started by Mark from Suomi · · Last activity · 12 posts · 619 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 July 2004
Last activity
26 July 2004
Original author
Mark from Suomi
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
619
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi there,

    First of all, sorry for my bad English. Therefore I ask you all
    beforehand to forgive for my crappy grammar or incorrect terms I might
    (and and probably will) use.

    This is sort of an introduction and a delurking announcement.

    Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all - Luna, Marengo, JC, Ig, Crafting
    Mom, Cans&Jars and all the regulars in this NG for the lively
    conversations regarding the LC WOE.

    Like said, I'm from Finland. About a year ago I was quite heavy - well,
    frankly - fat. 98 kg, 176 cm - sorry, I do not know how to convert cm's
    to feet & inches but the weight was something like 216 lb.?

    I was disgusted with myself, being a reserve anti-tank sergeant and all.
    Father of two boys as well (even better 🙂. No good, no good at all. The
    "official" food pyramid here is similar to yours in the USA, I presume
    - high carbs etc. are recommended. But looks like they are reconsidering
    it now.

    Last year, in August, I got hold of Dr. Atkins' book translated in
    Finnish. "Dr. Atkin's Latest Diet Revolution" or something like that. So
    I "saw the light", so to speak. Before that, I was trying to lose weight
    with WW, which was pure hell.

    Anyway, I know there are a lot of people much knowledgeable than me
    about the LC WOE, so I'm not trying to offer any advise concerning this
    diet/WOE unless asked. I guess I just wanted to thank you all for the
    support and help.

    Sincerely,
    Mark
    --
    98/78/78 kg

  2. "Mark from Suomi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi there,

    First of all, sorry for my bad English. Therefore I ask you all
    beforehand to forgive for my crappy grammar or incorrect terms I might
    (and and probably will) use.

    This is sort of an introduction and a delurking announcement.

    Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all - Luna, Marengo, JC, Ig, Crafting
    Mom, Cans&Jars and all the regulars in this NG for the lively
    conversations regarding the LC WOE.

    Like said, I'm from Finland. About a year ago I was quite heavy - well,
    frankly - fat. 98 kg, 176 cm - sorry, I do not know how to convert cm's
    to feet & inches but the weight was something like 216 lb.?

    I was disgusted with myself, being a reserve anti-tank sergeant and all.
    Father of two boys as well (even better 🙂. No good, no good at all. The
    "official" food pyramid here is similar to yours in the USA, I presume
    - high carbs etc. are recommended. But looks like they are reconsidering
    it now.

    Last year, in August, I got hold of Dr. Atkins' book translated in
    Finnish. "Dr. Atkin's Latest Diet Revolution" or something like that. So
    I "saw the light", so to speak. Before that, I was trying to lose weight
    with WW, which was pure hell.

    Anyway, I know there are a lot of people much knowledgeable than me
    about the LC WOE, so I'm not trying to offer any advise concerning this
    diet/WOE unless asked. I guess I just wanted to thank you all for the
    support and help.

    Sincerely,
    Mark
    --
    98/78/78 kg

    I'm sure you know enough about low carb, after your success over the last
    year, to give advice now. And by the way, your English is quite good.

  3. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:25:54 +0300, Mark from Suomi <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Hi there,

    First of all, sorry for my bad English. Therefore I ask you all
    beforehand to forgive for my crappy grammar or incorrect terms I might
    (and and probably will) use.

    This is sort of an introduction and a delurking announcement.

    <snipped>

    Sincerely,
    Mark

    Hi Mark,

    Welcome! You have arrived at your goal!

    Congratulations.

    I, too, am thankful for this newsgroup and its many wonderful posters.
    I have learned much from them, also.

    Best wishes,

    PoohBear

  4. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:25:54 +0300, Mark from Suomi <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    First of all, sorry for my bad English. Therefore I ask you all
    beforehand to forgive for my crappy grammar or incorrect terms I might
    (and and probably will) use.

    There's nothing crappy about your choice of words or your grammar. I
    always feel bad when people think they're not good at something, but they
    really are.

    Yesterday, I spoke with a woman who was visiting from Norway. She kept
    asking if I understood her. What's not to understand? Her English was
    great.

    Anyway, I digress. I'd like to welcome you to the group, and I hope that
    you'll have great weight loss success.

    Try this for converting your weight and height. :-)
    http://www.admiralmetals.com/metric_conv.htm

    Carol
    --
    Fasting BG: 139
    Bernstein Diabetes Solution 5/25/2004
    Diabetes Dx 5/15/2001

  5. Welcome!
    I am sure you will fit right in. To change kg to pounds I believe you
    multiply by 2.2.
    Pounds to kg you divide by 2.2.
    Looks like you have already had some success with Low-carb.

    Jennifer S
    206/167/135

  6. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi there,

    Hi Mark, welcome to the group!

    --
    Saffire
    205/150/125 - 5'1.5"
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

  7. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi there,

    First of all, sorry for my bad English. Therefore I ask you all
    beforehand to forgive for my crappy grammar or incorrect terms I might
    (and and probably will) use.

    This is sort of an introduction and a delurking announcement.

    Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all - Luna, Marengo, JC, Ig, Crafting
    Mom, Cans&Jars and all the regulars in this NG for the lively
    conversations regarding the LC WOE.

    Like said, I'm from Finland. About a year ago I was quite heavy - well,
    frankly - fat. 98 kg, 176 cm - sorry, I do not know how to convert cm's
    to feet & inches but the weight was something like 216 lb.?


    [some of excellent post snipped]
    Good job Mark,
    Looks like you have the hang of this thing pretty well!
    --

    370/292/270
    Single malt scotch is awesome (NO it does NOT have carbs as DON'T vodka,
    gin, rum, bourbon, etc generally)
    Malt can be made low carb through the judicious use of yeast.
    Low carb beer? Uh...yeah.
    Read the books.
    You can have more than eggs for breakfast.
    Yes calories do count.
    Ketosticks are not neccessary to lose weight.

    Email: Actually my feet are big not medium.

  8. Having succeeded at weight loss is a big enough credential, you do not
    need to make excuses for your perceived lack of knowledge.

    i

  9. Welcome to the group, Mark! You are doing very well!
    --
    Linda
    296/210/160
    LC since Oct. 13, 2003
    http://home.att.net/~lewis_linda/index.html

    "Mark from Suomi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi there,

    First of all, sorry for my bad English. Therefore I ask you all
    beforehand to forgive for my crappy grammar or incorrect terms I might
    (and and probably will) use.

    This is sort of an introduction and a delurking announcement.

    Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all - Luna, Marengo, JC, Ig, Crafting
    Mom, Cans&Jars and all the regulars in this NG for the lively
    conversations regarding the LC WOE.

    Like said, I'm from Finland. About a year ago I was quite heavy - well,
    frankly - fat. 98 kg, 176 cm - sorry, I do not know how to convert cm's
    to feet & inches but the weight was something like 216 lb.?

    I was disgusted with myself, being a reserve anti-tank sergeant and all.
    Father of two boys as well (even better 🙂. No good, no good at all. The
    "official" food pyramid here is similar to yours in the USA, I presume
    - high carbs etc. are recommended. But looks like they are reconsidering
    it now.

    Last year, in August, I got hold of Dr. Atkins' book translated in
    Finnish. "Dr. Atkin's Latest Diet Revolution" or something like that. So
    I "saw the light", so to speak. Before that, I was trying to lose weight
    with WW, which was pure hell.

    Anyway, I know there are a lot of people much knowledgeable than me
    about the LC WOE, so I'm not trying to offer any advise concerning this
    diet/WOE unless asked. I guess I just wanted to thank you all for the
    support and help.

    Sincerely,
    Mark
    --
    98/78/78 kg

  10. Mark from Suomi wrote:
    | Hi there,
    |
    | First of all, sorry for my bad English. Therefore I ask you all
    | beforehand to forgive for my crappy grammar or incorrect terms I might
    | (and and probably will) use.
    |
    | This is sort of an introduction and a delurking announcement.
    |
    | Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all - Luna, Marengo, JC, Ig,
    | Crafting Mom, Cans&Jars and all the regulars in this NG for the lively
    | conversations regarding the LC WOE.
    |
    | Like said, I'm from Finland. About a year ago I was quite heavy -
    | well, frankly - fat. 98 kg, 176 cm - sorry, I do not know how to
    | convert cm's to feet & inches but the weight was something like 216
    | lb.?
    |
    | I was disgusted with myself, being a reserve anti-tank sergeant and
    | all. Father of two boys as well (even better 🙂. No good, no good at
    | all. The "official" food pyramid here is similar to yours in the USA,
    | I presume - high carbs etc. are recommended. But looks like they are
    | reconsidering it now.
    |
    | Last year, in August, I got hold of Dr. Atkins' book translated in
    | Finnish. "Dr. Atkin's Latest Diet Revolution" or something like that.
    | So I "saw the light", so to speak. Before that, I was trying to lose
    | weight with WW, which was pure hell.
    |
    | Anyway, I know there are a lot of people much knowledgeable than me
    | about the LC WOE, so I'm not trying to offer any advise concerning
    | this diet/WOE unless asked. I guess I just wanted to thank you all
    | for the support and help.
    |
    | Sincerely,
    | Mark

    Hi Mark; welcome to ASDLC! Good luck in your continued weight loss.
    --
    Peter
    270/215/180
    Before/Current Pix:
    http://users.thelink.net/marengo/weightlosspix/weightlosspix.html

  11. Mark from Suomi said:

    Hi there,

    Like said, I'm from Finland. About a year ago I was quite heavy -


    well,

    Quoted message said:

    frankly - fat. 98 kg, 176 cm - sorry, I do not know how to convert cm's
    to feet & inches but the weight was something like 216 lb.?

    A pound is 2.2 kg so your starting weight was 215.6 pounds. There are
    2.54 cm in an inch so you are 69 inches or about 5 feet, nine inches tall.

    Quoted message said:

    Sincerely,
    Mark
    --
    98/78/78 kg

    78 kg equals 171.6 lbs so your loss so far in imperial measure is 44 lbs
    - dude, you rock!

    Welcome to the group,
    brigid

  12. Thank you everyone for your kind words.

    Sincerely,
    Mark
    --
    98/78/78 kg

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.