Diagnosis: HTW -- what does it mean?

merle

Guest
Does anyone know what a diagnosis of HTW means? Elderly patient with COPD, diverticulosis, HBP,
carotid stenosis, Alzheimer's. Thanks.

[email protected] wrote:
: Does anyone know what a diagnosis of HTW means? Elderly patient with COPD, diverticulosis, HBP,
: carotid stenosis, Alzheimer's. Thanks.

Just a thought.

Are you sure it's not HTN? This is usually the acronym used for hypertension, not "HBP".

An N (in HTN) could look like a W ("HTW"), when handwritten.

Emma

On 9 Sep 2003 21:15:02 GMT, Emma Chase VanCott <[email protected]>
wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>: Does anyone know what a diagnosis of HTW means? Elderly patient with COPD, diverticulosis, HBP,
>: carotid stenosis, Alzheimer's. Thanks.
>
>Just a thought.
>
>Are you sure it's not HTN? This is usually the acronym used for hypertension, not "HBP".
>
>An N (in HTN) could look like a W ("HTW"), when handwritten.
>

>Emma

I'm not sure. The doctor's handwriting is so bad, it could be an N. The hypertension fits,
though, because she has high blood pressure and the HBP is my acronym for it. You're probably
right. Thank you.