Diamondback Wildwood Citi

bill in pa

Jul 30, 2009
Hello,
I have an opportunity to get a DB Wildwood City (steel) for a good price. 09 Model, new. I'm new, and will be riding on weekends, just for recreation and exercise. I need nothing fancy. Does anyone know the weight difference between the steel vs aluminum frame? I don't care about speed, I'm 60 yrs old, been there done that. Just riding, that's it! Thank you in advance.
Bill

all i can do for help is post this Steel and Aluminum link where the first sentence states that "Aluminum in general is a third as light and half as strong as steel, or the inverse, steel is twice as strong but three times as heavy."

good luck.

bill in pa said:
I have an opportunity to get a DB Wildwood City (steel) for a good price. 09 Model, new. I'm new, and will be riding on weekends, just for recreation and exercise. I need nothing fancy. Does anyone know the weight difference between the steel vs aluminum frame? I don't care about speed, I'm 60 yrs old, been there done that. Just riding, that's it!
An aluminum frame will weigh about 2 lbs. less than a steel frame ...

There are other factors which will affect the final weight of the bike ... for example, steel chainrings vs. aluminum chainrings. So, the weight difference of a similar bike with an aluminum frame may be MORE THAN 2 lbs. when compared with the weight of the steel framed bike.

What is your idea of a "good price" for the particular bike? $150? $200? $300?