Dickson Lake, Dewdney Mountain

Any BC riders posting here? I've seen pictures taken of Dickson Lake
(near Mission) but I haven't been able to find a topo map anywhere or
any accounts of the ride. I've been as far as the razor wire around
Norrish Creek and the road started to get seriously steep there.
I know the lake is about 18 km up the mountain, and that's a long way
into the bush if I wind up on an unmarked spur of the forestry road.
If I manage to make the ride this summer I'm probably going solo
(everyone I know is a slug) and the more information I can accumulate
before I start the better off I think I am.
Anyone?

[email protected] wrote:
> Any BC riders posting here? I've seen pictures taken of Dickson Lake
> (near Mission) but I haven't been able to find a topo map anywhere or
> any accounts of the ride. I've been as far as the razor wire around
> Norrish Creek and the road started to get seriously steep there.
> I know the lake is about 18 km up the mountain, and that's a long way
> into the bush if I wind up on an unmarked spur of the forestry road.
> If I manage to make the ride this summer I'm probably going solo
> (everyone I know is a slug) and the more information I can accumulate
> before I start the better off I think I am.
> Anyone?

this site is supposed to have topo maps for BC.
http://members.shaw.ca/pdops/digitalmaps.html

Also, do the Backroads Mapbooks give enough detail for you? Maybe not.
link for them, http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/

I've found the provincial maps that you get from the forest offices to be
OK, but the scale may also be a little large.

Not in BC, but I go up there a lot for recreation

Penny S

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:48:23 -0700, "pas"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> Any BC riders posting here? I've seen pictures taken of Dickson Lake
>> (near Mission) but I haven't been able to find a topo map anywhere or
>> any accounts of the ride. I've been as far as the razor wire around
>> Norrish Creek and the road started to get seriously steep there.
>> I know the lake is about 18 km up the mountain, and that's a long way
>> into the bush if I wind up on an unmarked spur of the forestry road.
>> If I manage to make the ride this summer I'm probably going solo
>> (everyone I know is a slug) and the more information I can accumulate
>> before I start the better off I think I am.
>> Anyone?

>this site is supposed to have topo maps for BC.
>http://members.shaw.ca/pdops/digitalmaps.html
>
> Also, do the Backroads Mapbooks give enough detail for you? Maybe not.
>link for them, http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/
>
>I've found the provincial maps that you get from the forest offices to be
>OK, but the scale may also be a little large.
>
>Not in BC, but I go up there a lot for recreation
>
>Penny S

Thanks. I'll look for the backroad books in the libray.