Dickson Lake, Dewdney Mountain

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by [email protected], Jul 20, 2004.

  1. Any BC riders posting here? I've seen pictures taken of Dickson Lake
    (near Mission) but I haven't been able to find a topo map anywhere or
    any accounts of the ride. I've been as far as the razor wire around
    Norrish Creek and the road started to get seriously steep there.
    I know the lake is about 18 km up the mountain, and that's a long way
    into the bush if I wind up on an unmarked spur of the forestry road.
    If I manage to make the ride this summer I'm probably going solo
    (everyone I know is a slug) and the more information I can accumulate
    before I start the better off I think I am.
    Anyone?

    Tags:

  2. pas

    pas Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Any BC riders posting here? I've seen pictures taken of Dickson Lake
    > (near Mission) but I haven't been able to find a topo map anywhere or
    > any accounts of the ride. I've been as far as the razor wire around
    > Norrish Creek and the road started to get seriously steep there.
    > I know the lake is about 18 km up the mountain, and that's a long way
    > into the bush if I wind up on an unmarked spur of the forestry road.
    > If I manage to make the ride this summer I'm probably going solo
    > (everyone I know is a slug) and the more information I can accumulate
    > before I start the better off I think I am.
    > Anyone?

    this site is supposed to have topo maps for BC.
    http://members.shaw.ca/pdops/digitalmaps.html

    Also, do the Backroads Mapbooks give enough detail for you? Maybe not.
    link for them, http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/

    I've found the provincial maps that you get from the forest offices to be
    OK, but the scale may also be a little large.

    Not in BC, but I go up there a lot for recreation

    Penny S

  3. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:48:23 -0700, "pas"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >> Any BC riders posting here? I've seen pictures taken of Dickson Lake
    >> (near Mission) but I haven't been able to find a topo map anywhere or
    >> any accounts of the ride. I've been as far as the razor wire around
    >> Norrish Creek and the road started to get seriously steep there.
    >> I know the lake is about 18 km up the mountain, and that's a long way
    >> into the bush if I wind up on an unmarked spur of the forestry road.
    >> If I manage to make the ride this summer I'm probably going solo
    >> (everyone I know is a slug) and the more information I can accumulate
    >> before I start the better off I think I am.
    >> Anyone?

    >this site is supposed to have topo maps for BC.
    >http://members.shaw.ca/pdops/digitalmaps.html
    >
    > Also, do the Backroads Mapbooks give enough detail for you? Maybe not.
    >link for them, http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/
    >
    >I've found the provincial maps that you get from the forest offices to be
    >OK, but the scale may also be a little large.
    >
    >Not in BC, but I go up there a lot for recreation
    >
    >Penny S

    Thanks. I'll look for the backroad books in the libray.