General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Did anybody ever find.....

Started by Ian Slater · · Last activity · 8 posts · 370 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 May 2004
Last activity
25 May 2004
Original author
Ian Slater
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
370
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. .......AW's two bob on Lank Rigg? And how much change would
    he have after buying the fish and chips? (at my local chippy
    he'd owe them £3/4/- if he went in today !)

  2. Quoted message said:

    .......AW's two bob on Lank Rigg?

    Yes - my father and I went up there a few days after the
    book was published, and the place looked as if it had been
    turned over by a herd of wild pigs. I have a letter from AW
    written to my father, in which he said the coin was found
    the day after the book was published.

    John

    ---
    John Gardner Caving Routes in the Northern Pennines:
    braemoor.co.ukcavingtrip A Walking Guide to
    Chartreuse: braemoor.co.ukchartreuse

  3. "ian slater" <ianandhelena@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    .......AW's two bob on Lank Rigg? And how much change
    would he have after buying the fish and chips? (at


    my

    Quoted message said:

    local chippy he'd owe them £3/4/- if he went in today !)

    There was rumour that AW went back and collected it himself!

    Regards, Paul Lake District Walking Site:
    lakelandwalker.co.uklakelandwalker.co.uk

  4. "John Gardner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    .......AW's two bob on Lank Rigg?

    Yes - my father and I went up there a few days after the
    book was


    published,

    Quoted message said:

    and the place looked as if it had been turned over by a
    herd of wild


    pigs. I

    Quoted message said:

    have a letter from AW written to my father, in which he
    said the coin


    was found

    Quoted message said:

    the day after the book was published.

    John

    Do you want to sell it, John? ;o)

    Regards, Paul Lake District Walking Site:
    lakelandwalker.co.uklakelandwalker.co.uk

  5. "Paul Rose" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    .......AW's two bob on Lank Rigg? And how much change
    would he have after buying the fish and chips? (at


    my

    Quoted message said:

    local chippy he'd owe them £3/4/- if he went in today !)

    Quoted message said:

    There was rumour that AW went back and collected it
    himself!

    I can remember reading something on the subject in his
    biography by Hunter Davies. I think it might well have said
    he admitted going back and getting
    it.

  6. Quoted message said:

    Do you want to sell it, John? ;o)

    I bet there's one been for sale on ebay ........

    --
    Sandy Saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

    "Mountains or Mole Hills ..... reaching the summit still
    brings the same excitement"

  7. "AndyP" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Paul Rose" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    .......AW's two bob on Lank Rigg? And how much change
    would he have after buying the fish and chips?


    (at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my

    Quoted message said:

    local chippy he'd owe them £3/4/- if he went in
    today !)

    Quoted message said:

    There was rumour that AW went back and collected it
    himself!

    I can remember reading something on the subject in his
    biography by


    Hunter

    Quoted message said:

    Davies. I think it might well have said he admitted going
    back and


    getting

    Quoted message said:

    it.


    That's probably where I read it, too.

    Regards, Paul Lake District Walking Site:
    lakelandwalker.co.uklakelandwalker.co.uk

  8. "sandy saunders" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Do you want to sell it, John? ;o)

    I bet there's one been for sale on ebay ........

    --
    Sandy Saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

    "Mountains or Mole Hills ..... reaching the summit still
    brings the same excitement"


    I watch ebay regularly but haven't seen any!

    --
    Regards, Paul Lake District Walking Site:
    lakelandwalker.co.uklakelandwalker.co.uk

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.